Who's fault is it for running into an 8 man box? BK or CMR?

ageezy

Cane til I Die
We're giving alot of grief to the o-line and some is deserved . . . but i know for sure in the second half gtech was walking a safety down into the box . . . is it brad's job or richt's job to get us out of those situations? Or is this another case of "not showing too much"?

Advertisement
I said it after the Clemson-Jackets game and I will say it again today. We have to give some credit to their DL. They play a lot better than I expected them to this season.

Some was to establish the run, some of that was to give the defense a rest. That being said, I think you have to take what the defense gives you, and throw the ball if they're stacking the box.

They were trying to establish the run like they did well in the 1st half . No one deserves any grief . This is a **** silly thread.

Definitely believe it was to establish the run so we could burn some time off the clock to give our defense some rest. Give credit where credit is due, GT's front 7 isn't bad. But neither is our OL that good either.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Maybe both? Anyway if Richt didn't tell Kaaya to stop doing that after the 1st possesion then that's on Richt.

Last edited:
They were trying to establish the run like they did well in the 1st half . No one deserves any grief . This is a **** silly thread.

great point, so we established the run in the first half causing the defense to adapt and drop an eighth man in the box, so shouldn't we adapt as well and go to the passing game

i do agree about burning some clock . . .

great point, so we established the run in the first half causing the defense to adapt and drop an eighth man in the box, so shouldn't we adapt as well and go to the passing game

But we did. We made huge plays i the pass game because GT was bringing more than we can block in the run game.

At the end of the day you still have to keep them honest and they still have to make tackles so there is nothing wrong with running into a loaded box.

Richt and Kaaya know what to key in on and they did so.

Advertisement
After an eternity of bad coaching and QB play, I am not about to complain about now. We are 4-0 with inside track to playoffs. Let's enjoy it. I was complaining about Diaz and the 3-4 crap but two defensive TDs evened me out a little.

Richt playing chess, we are used to checkers. He didn't want to show anything. We ran the same 5-6 plays the whole second half.

But we did. We made huge plays i the pass game because GT was bringing more than we can block in the run game.

At the end of the day you still have to keep them honest and they still have to make tackles so there is nothing wrong with running into a loaded box.

I agree with running to keep them honest, but I don't think running on first down was the best way to do that as it just put us in obvious passing situations. To my non-coach eye, it made more sense to pass on 1st a few times to create some doubt. It looked to me like they expected the run and covered it well on 1st down in the second half.

What i saw was actually very smart

Gt had two interior defensive lineman go down on our second scoring drive and then mark ran it right at them for like five straight plays

My only beef was stopping the run game with yearby early on. I know we didn't have the ball much so I think this game is a wash honestly. Gt does things so differently that you can't compare it to other games as easily.

Advertisement
You can run against 8 man front. You bust that and it's to the house.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

GT is a pretty tough defense. They've been good against the run. Seems like we gave away a couple drives and momentum by getting too predictable with the run game on 1st and 2nd down.

When we spread teams out with 1 RB we run better, and no one can consistently cover guys like Coley, Richards, Berrios, Herndon and the Njokeman. It's a deadly package of offensive personnel.

Advertisement
We're giving alot of grief to the o-line and some is deserved . . . but i know for sure in the second half gtech was walking a safety down into the box . . . is it brad's job or richt's job to get us out of those situations? Or is this another case of "not showing too much"?

Let's just get rid of them both. They obviously have no ******* clue right?

Let's just get rid of them both. They obviously have no ******* clue right?

it's sad we can't get good conversation on this board . . . especially with the the excitement around the program

I agree with running to keep them honest, but I don't think running on first down was the best way to do that as it just put us in obvious passing situations. To my non-coach eye, it made more sense to pass on 1st a few times to create some doubt. It looked to me like they expected the run and covered it well on 1st down in the second half.

Good points.

GT is a pretty tough defense. They've been good against the run. Seems like we gave away a couple drives and momentum by getting too predictable with the run game on 1st and 2nd down.

When we spread teams out with 1 RB we run better, and no one can consistently cover guys like Coley, Richards, Berrios, Herndon and the Njokeman. It's a deadly package of offensive personnel.

Yeah. That seems to be our bread ans butter. We are killing teams with the RPO out of those formations.

Advertisement
Back