WHOLLY MOLY ROBERT BURNS!!!

game film please :-D

There is none. 1 kick return.

I thought that was a joke, dang... they saving him for district teams or what?

Can't remember if it was last week but he registered less than 4 carries in a game.

That was the Belen game two weeks ago. He sat out the first half. Had a TD called back.

He didn't play last week against Pace, per the reason I was told was a death in the family.

Advertisement
From another thread that I posted on him the other day.

His talent is not the question, it's his durability and availability.

We need to get another quality back in the class, because he's a bit of a gamble if this continues.

I've seen him play live twice. When he's healthy, he's a **** of a show to watch. Best player on the field.

He sat out last weeks game against Pace, I was told that he had a death in the family.

He sat out the first half of the Belen game two weeks ago due to an injury, he came in the second half and had a few nice runs (he had a TD called back due to penalty).

Then three weeks ago vs Somerset he played the first quarter and Gulliver was already blowing them out so he just sat the rest of the game after the first quarter with some of the other starters.

Me & @DMoney have had a debate about it.

He's ultra talented but the injury prone concern is very serious. It's really a shame that he's been like this for the last two years, because when he's healthy you want that kid playing for you.

He's sitting now at about 5'11" 215-220.

It's really a shame because the flashes he's shown are very impressive. Even against the likes of a team like Booker T., who arguably has one of the best defenses in the country.

I still say to this day that he should have transferred to BTW, Westminster, USchool or STA when he had the chance. All 4 schools pushed for him. He came very close to going to BTW with Dionte and Cedrick 2 years ago.

STA was pushing hard for him again in the off-season but he wouldn't budge. He's stayed loyal to Gulliver and I think it's hurt him more than it has helped.

Again, his problem is not his talent. He has it... he just can't get of his own way with the injury bug and Gulliver's OLine woes.

Last edited:
One other thing that doesn't help is that Gulliver is very short handed on their roster. They have a lot of kids playing both sides of the ball. They trot out Burns at LB too.

He should have transferred to BTW, STA, USchool or Westminster when he had the chance.

One other thing that doesn't help is that Gulliver is very short handed on their roster. They have a lot of kids playing both sides of the ball. They trot out Burns at LB too.

He should have transferred to BTW, STA, USchool or Westminster when he had the chance.

Why transfer when you already have the offer and attention you want? Sure, he could play on a better team or stick with the school that he's been with. The transfer stuff is bs to me and then there's always the possibility to not show out this getting exposed.

I don't see it with Burns. He physically looks the part for sure - but his highlights, production, stats and injury history just don't add up to his recruiting ranking.

Advertisement
From another thread that I posted on him the other day.

His talent is not the question, it's his durability and availability.

We need to get another quality back in the class, because he's a bit of a gamble if this continues.

I've seen him play live twice. When he's healthy, he's a **** of a show to watch. Best player on the field.

He sat out last weeks game against Pace, I was told that he had a death in the family.

He sat out the first half of the Belen game two weeks ago due to an injury, he came in the second half and had a few nice runs (he had a TD called back due to penalty).

Then three weeks ago vs Somerset he played the first quarter and Gulliver was already blowing them out so he just sat the rest of the game after the first quarter with some of the other starters.

Me & @DMoney have had a debate about it.

He's ultra talented but the injury prone concern is very serious. It's really a shame that he's been like this for the last two years, because when he's healthy you want that kid playing for you.

He's sitting now at about 5'11" 215-220.

It's really a shame because the flashes he's shown are very impressive. Even against the likes of a team like Booker T., who arguably has one of the best defenses in the country.

I still say to this day that he should have transferred to BTW, Westminster, USchool or STA when he had the chance. All 4 schools pushed for him. He came very close to going to BTW with Dionte and Cedrick 2 years ago.

STA was pushing hard for him again in the off-season but he wouldn't budge. He's stayed loyal to Gulliver and I think it's hurt him more than it has helped.

Again, his problem is not his talent. He has it... he just can't get of his own way with the injury bug and Gulliver's OLine woes.

He sound like he been drinking creatine since 6th grade with the injuries

I don't see it with Burns. He physically looks the part for sure - but his highlights, production, stats and injury history just don't add up to his recruiting ranking.

I've never seen this contrast in a prospect to this degree. His film is elite. His talent is elite. Many agree. Yet some people "don't see it." ******* weird.

Advertisement
Back