Who You Wit'?( Roy Jones or Mike Tyson)

Who You Wit'?( Roy Jones or Mike Tyson)

• Jones

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • Tyson

Votes: 45 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought an interesting fight would've been Tyson/Morrison. Never got to see it because Morrison contracted AIDS.

Would've liked to see a prime Tyson vs. a prime Joe Frazier. You wanna see a fight with bombs; that would've been it. I think Joe would've KO'd Tyson. He had better durability, better movement, and he hit just as hard, if not harder.

Tyson vs. Ernie Shavers would've been good too.
Yea Morrison woulda been a good fight but between Tyson going to jail then Morrison getting Aids that fight just had way to many roadblocks... The Bowe fight was absolutely within reason but King wanted no part of it.... Thankfully we got to see Tyson vs Holyfield twice... That was the end of Tyson though.. Evander was just way too much for him.... The Lennox fight was just embarrassing... That never shoulda happened..

Advertisement
Oh there they go! There they go, every time I start talkin 'bout boxing, a white man got to pull Rocky Marciano out their ***. That's their one, that's their one! Rocky Marciano! Rocky Marciano! Let me tell you something once and for all. Rocky Marciano was good, but compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't ****!

(...Yes, I know the Brown Bomber was way past his prime here. And what happened between him and the IRS was an absolute disgrace. In HIS prime, Joe Louis was going to tear you apart, and there wasn't a thing you could do to stop it.)

I'm about 97% certain you're just ******' with me Mach. Which is fine. I really don't give a **** about what color a fighters' skin is (Joe Frazier, Roberto Duran and Ken Norton are my personal favorites).

But, Marciano, by definition, was a great fighter. Better than Tyson. He's not the only one though. Big George, in his prime would've KO'd Tyson by the fifth round.

I'm telling ya, prime George Foreman was an absolute terror to watch. It was like watching a tank with teeth wreck guys.

(...Yes, I know the Brown Bomber was way past his prime here. And what happened between him and the IRS was an absolute disgrace. In HIS prime, Joe Louis was going to tear you apart, and there wasn't a thing you could do to stop it.)

I'm about 97% certain you're just ******' with me Mach. Which is fine. I really don't give a **** about what color a fighters' skin is (Joe Frazier, Roberto Duran and Ken Norton are my personal favorites).

But, Marciano, by definition, was a great fighter. Better than Tyson. He's not the only one though. Big George, in his prime would've KO'd Tyson by the fifth round.

I'm telling ya, prime George Foreman was an absolute terror to watch. It was like watching a tank with teeth wreck guys.

Lol dude...

I take it you've never seen the movie Coming To America?

I can respect him for his philantrophic works now. I put more blame on Don King ruining Tyson than Tyson ruining Tyson.

That being said, I think he's one of the most overrated Heavyweights of all time. The only great fighters of substance he beat was an aging Larry Holmes and Carl "The Truth" Williams.

Any other time he's been against elite compeition he's been beat. Couldn't beat Evander Holyfield and was embarassed by Lennox Lewis and Buster Douglas. I'll give him credit; he went the distance with Holyfield and got TKO'd, but to put him in the same context as Ali, Frazier, George Foreman, Marciano, etc. is a bit too far fetched, imo.

Had his original trainer not died, we might be talking a different situation. I look at Tyson as one of the biggest wastes of talent in boxing history.

We'll never know how far Tyson would've gone had King not sunk his claws into him.

You have to throw out everything post prison with Tyson imo...dude was obviously washed. I'm taking 80s Tyson with Rooney over prime Holyfield and Lewis. That being said you can't put him in the top echelon of all-time heavyweights due to the competition being weak when he was in his prime like you said.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back