Who would you take.......

bambam

Freshman
......with our current OL and HC/OC if you could pick any past UM QB going back 15 years who you think would give us the best chance to win? From 2003 to today, plug in any QB from UM to play in this system (whatever that is) behind this OL, with our current backs and receivers. Again, we're looking for the QB who gives us the best chance to win with what we have.

If you neg anyone's pick please explain why you don't like it. And I'll start: S Morris

Advertisement
An O-LINE is a unit of ONE yes one thought all share like a mind melt formed over time , WTF am I talking about ?

You train together , you hangout together , you go to all your fellow O-LINE family functions together , even kids birthdays together , you cry together for people close who passes away together and yes fight each other like brothers of the same family together.

All comes together at the line of scrimmage you just flick a side eye at your brother O-LINE and see a flicker of positioning the foot or shoulder tells you everything you need to know what there read is what there check off is , because you know your brothers thoughts tendencies and as plat flows even how fast he'll hold his block and sheds off to bump the corner who's closing so RB can just rub off your hip and you feel the pressure as the RB goes off your hip for a good gain.

O-line goes back to the huddle and you all just wink at each other. THIS IS O-LINE PLAY.

Unless you played in the PITS you wouldn't understand .

Example:

Dolphins undefeated season O-LINE Kooch , Langer, Little , Moore each probably weighed no more than 260-270 and we're unstoppable and dominated why because they we're like brothers in every single way imaginable .

They trained together like no other so they could play like no other.

I not really sure we're like this at all , we talk it but line play doesn't show it.

GOCANES

An O-LINE is a unit of ONE yes one thought all share like a mind melt formed over time , WTF am I talking about ?

You train together , you hangout together , you go to all your fellow O-LINE family functions together , even kids birthdays together , you cry together for people close who passes away together and yes fight each other like brothers of the same family together.

All comes together at the line of scrimmage you just flick a side eye at your brother O-LINE and see a flicker of positioning the foot or shoulder tells you everything you need to know what there read is what there check off is , because you know your brothers thoughts tendencies and as plat flows even how fast he'll hold his block and sheds off to bump the corner who's closing so RB can just rub off your hip and you feel the pressure as the RB goes off your hip for a good gain.

O-line goes back to the huddle and you all just wink at each other. THIS IS O-LINE PLAY.

Example:

Dolphins undefeated season O-LINE Kooch , Langer, Little , Moore each probably weighed no more than 260-270 and we're unstoppable and dominated why because they we're like brothers in every single way imaginable .

I not really sure we're like this at all , we talk it but line play doesn't show it.

GOCANES
Was there a qb pick in there?

I'll take Jarren Williams. Mainly because I've seen all the other guys play.

Advertisement
Jacory needs a motorcade type OL to be productive. He will get broken in half. Morris was tough and can through the ball. I also think Kaaya would have done better if he stayed but that we will never know.

Holding my nose, Kaaya. None were the answer then, none would be now. There were/are better QBs in Div II.

Advertisement

Example:

GOCANES

Spoken like a guy who still thinks were living in the life of the football world of the early 1970's. Defensive strategies has change, ways to block have changed, rules have changed, and OL are significantly more on island when blocking since nowadays the game is all about space, like basketball, other then our team. Maybe that's why you'd like CMR as our OC haha

Spoken like a guy who still thinks were living in the life of the football world of the early 1970's. Defensive strategies has change, ways to block have changed, rules have changed, and OL are significantly more on island when blocking since nowadays the game is all about space, like basketball, other then our team. Maybe that's why you'd like CMR as our OC haha

LOLOLOL you scored...SOLID :)

GOCANES

Kaaya...he has real talent and could actually hit a WR on a route. Plus he was a tough SOB. Never complained.

Wish he would of stayed that extra year.

Morris would be a perfect fit for this offense.. he wouldn't be asked to make any throws over the middle.

Advertisement
Kaaya.. In his 1 yr with Richt he had 27 TD's/7Int's. Why Richt chose to run an RPO Offense with Kaaya is baffling and may have bben the reason Kaaya left. Kaaya although unathletic was an accurate passer, and understood what he was & wasn't capable of

Kaaya. Even though he never ran in the RPO when he had I-95 open in front of him, he killed teams in the passing option of the play. Could hit any route run, audibled to bubble screens all the time and killed WVU with it. In the short time he was here with Richt he has been the best QB we have had. QB. If he would have just taken more runs we would have been set.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back