who we should really be looking to hire

ImpTheDimp

Recruit
Long time lurker and rare poster...with that said, I'm a Butch guy--and if he got his chance it would be a great story--but like Mike Rumph said during a recent interview, it would be near impossible to catch lightning in a bottle twice--The guy we should all be talking about, and the guy the BOT should be throwing the big money at, is Winston Moss. Former Cane? Check. Bad *** defender and defensive coach? Check. Ties to the local community? Check. Assistant head coach for one of the preeminent NFL organizations for almost 8 years? Check. This is the guy. I don't want to hear how, if he came, he would be gone in two years because of NFL dreams to be a head coach. We have been bad for so long that people forget that's how it's supposed to work...come to Miami, dominate for three years, get your HC experience, go the NFL, repeat. I wish more people were talking about Winston...can't think of a better choice. After Butch and Winston, it has to be Charlie Strong. It is laughable to watch so many people talk smack about him. Texas is a bad fit and is not the Texas of old. Charlie took the money and ran and probably regrets it now...hate to say it but Miami is more Louisville than Texas right now--and this coming from a 20+ year Cane...Charlie comes here, cleans up in recruiting and dominates the ACC. Butch (1a); Winston (1b); Charlie (2). I get why some of you all like Fuentes and Hermann, but are really willing to roll the dice? Give me a proven track record over potential at this point.

Advertisement
I agree that Moss would be a good hire but he would need to be groomed up, not sure he's ready just yet

LOL...lets hire a dude that has:

1. Never coached in college
2. Never been a coordinator
3. Never been a head coach

Great idea.

14 years as a LB coach is all I need.

Potato

That said, I would rather hire Moss than Charlie Strong LOL....

butch.jpg

Long time lurker and rare poster...with that said, I'm a Butch guy--and if he got his chance it would be a great story--but like Mike Rumph said during a recent interview, it would be near impossible to catch lightning in a bottle twice--The guy we should all be talking about, and the guy the BOT should be throwing the big money at, is Winston Moss. Former Cane? Check. Bad *** defender and defensive coach? Check. Ties to the local community? Check. Assistant head coach for one of the preeminent NFL organizations for almost 8 years? Check. This is the guy. I don't want to hear how, if he came, he would be gone in two years because of NFL dreams to be a head coach. We have been bad for so long that people forget that's how it's supposed to work...come to Miami, dominate for three years, get your HC experience, go the NFL, repeat. I wish more people were talking about Winston...can't think of a better choice. After Butch and Winston, it has to be Charlie Strong. It is laughable to watch so many people talk smack about him. Texas is a bad fit and is not the Texas of old. Charlie took the money and ran and probably regrets it now...hate to say it but Miami is more Louisville than Texas right now--and this coming from a 20+ year Cane...Charlie comes here, cleans up in recruiting and dominates the ACC. Butch (1a); Winston (1b); Charlie (2). I get why some of you all like Fuentes and Hermann, but are really willing to roll the dice? Give me a proven track record over potential at this point.

Advertisement
Interesting ...

Hiring Fuente or Herman is rolling the dice, but hiring a guy who's never been an HC is an automatic homerun?

No disrespect, but does that really make sense?

Interesting ...

Hiring Fuente or Herman is rolling the dice, but hiring a guy who's never been an HC is an automatic homerun?

No disrespect, but does that really make sense?

Agree. It's even possible we could pay him good money to be our Dc/asst HC if we got Butch assuming he would come cheaper than the rumored $4 million we are looking to spend.

Great idea.

Potato

I don't agree with you on much but everything you said here is correct.

Great idea.

Potato

Jits don't know chit. You guys don't even know what it means to be a Miami fan. Crying like little biatches at every turn.

While i don't agree with OP on Moss. The 12YOs on this site trying to talk to grown men like they are one is pathetic.

Until you got some hair on your nuts why don't you just address everyone else on this site by "Sir" and then apologize for being a douche bag wannabe hurricane fan.

Advertisement

Great idea.

Potato

not that i'm advocating hiring him, but moss has also been associate head coach since 2007. that speaks a lot for leadership.

Great idea.

Potato

not that i'm advocating hiring him, but moss has also been associate head coach since 2007. that speaks a lot for leadership.

lol. WHAT

Advertisement

Great idea.

Potato

lol. WHAT

Green Bay Packers: Winston Moss

mccarthy made him assistant head coach (changed to "associate" later with no change in responsibilities) a year after hiring him.

Pat Narduzzi. Guy is doing work at Pitt and makes 900K per year. His defenses are filthy. He's D'Antonio's protege and learned his defense from Tommy Tubbervile who learned it from Wannstedt and JJ.

He now has HCing experience. There's proof of concept there at this point. After Butch, this is the guy I would want.

Advertisement

Thank God.

I don't have a horse in this race, the way I see it , it doesn't matter who is chosen until the administration takes off the chains and allows the program to succeed .

Advertisement
Back