Who was/is the most vilified player at the University of Miami in the last 10 years?

Who was/is the most vilified player at the University of Miami in the last 10 years?

• Gurvan Hall

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • Robert Knowles

Votes: 47 37.6%
  • D.J. Ivey

Votes: 55 44.0%
  • Corey Flagg

Votes: 15 12.0%

• Total voters

caneULM

Recruit
Really looking forward the game next Friday but I thought I would get you all’s thoughts on this one.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mark Pope
Robert Burns
Tate Martel
DJ Scaife
Pope, definitely on the list.

Scalife, okay, but if I recall correctly, most of us thought he was playing out of position. That’s on the coaches.

I wouldn’t add Robert Burns. He was a high school stud who had a history of injury problems and the coaches took a flyer on him. Sometimes that works out sometimes it doesn’t. I don’t remember him being hated on CIS.

Martel? I wouldn’t say he was hated. I think he was more goofed on because one, he couldn’t play, and two, had a girlfriend with big knockers anyone on CIS would’ve smashed, except NYStateOfMind.

I would definitely include Flagg and Ivey, although Ivey seems to be performing very well for the Bengals this preseason. I also think he took a lot of heat when many times the safety was supposed to help and failed. Perhaps Ivey is a little better than everyone thought?

Advertisement
Zach McCloud took a lot of heat on this board. He look like a stud early, but never seem to develop past that early splash. He also seem to be a pet favorite of Manny Diaz. Today though, I see he had three sacks playing OLB for Arizona. Of course, this is the last preseason game so he may just be a scrub playing against scrubs. More power to him, he keeps chasing his dream, jumping from practice squad to practice squad.

Michael Bagley was no fan favorite. Missed a few clutch kicks. Probably made a few as well, but we only focus on mistakes. He is still kicking around the NFL, the only Canes placekicker to have a good NFL career. At least that I can think of. He’s bounced around, but most kickers do. In this salary cap era not many stick with the same team season after season. Unless your name is Justin Tucker.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't think the general fanbase hates as many guys as CIS does.

It's a da*ned shame that we'd single out players and bring out opinions on a subject like this - partly due to coaches, recruiting misses, and overall team attitudes.

Maybe the OP can enlighten us with the many elements of his infallabililty.

A list would help.

If you're not too busy pushing down kids and kicking dogs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back