Who Should Replace Dimare?

DieHardCane27

Freshman
I am curious to hear who you guys think should replace Dimare as coach. I know that some wanted Lovelady, and he is a possibility. That being said, he has never led a team to a super regional as a head coach. They have had some good out of conference wins in the regular season, but I don't know much about his player development track record.

Advertisement
He's not getting replaced anytime soon..would have to completely tank for several seasons to get fired. He has the best record against ACC opponents vs any other coach in the conference.

He biggest flaw is completely ****ting the bed in postseason. He's not going anywhere

I am curious to hear who you guys think should replace Dimare as coach. I know that some wanted Lovelady, and he is a possibility. That being said, he has never led a team to a super regional as a head coach. They have had some good out of conference wins in the regular season, but I don't know much about his player development track record.
He has only put UCF into a regional 1 time in 6 years and that was his 1st year. Lets look outside of Miami unless it is Alex Cora, which will never happen.

Advertisement
1. Tony Vitello
2. Jay Johnson
3. Pat Hallmark
4. Dave Tollett
5. (Bring Back) Mark Kingston
Tollett is the only guy that would leave for the Miami job. I’ve always said make Tadlock tell you no. I think he’s maxed out what he can do at TT. If he says no, call Butch Thompson. He’s also maxed out what he can do at Auburn. Not opposed to Stricklin at UGA either. He’s always got some really good arms.

Tollett is the only guy that would leave for the Miami job. I’ve always said make Tadlock tell you no. I think he’s maxed out what he can do at TT. If he says no, call Butch Thompson. He’s also maxed out what he can do at Auburn. Not opposed to Stricklin at UGA either. He’s always got some really good arms.
Hallmark I think would come here, he has a rising profile & getting opportunity to run a program like ours could be appealing.

Lane Burroughs, Justin Haire & Steven Trout are also intriguing potential candidates as well.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We definitely need somebody with a great track record when it comes to recruiting and developing pitchers. We have had good success historically with hitters in the pros and while they were at miami.

Hallmark I think would come here, he has a rising profile & getting opportunity to run a program like ours could be appealing.

Lane Burroughs, Justin Haire & Steven Trout are also intriguing potential candidates as well.
You’re right I completely overlooked Hallmark on your list.

I really like Burroughs and Haire. Everybody I know that has played for Haire loves him. His teams can always rake and always have a legitimate #1 that can match up with anyone.

Advertisement
I love Butch Thompson as well. Great recruiter and evaluator, young, and really impressed me with that Auburn squad last year. He does a good job in Florida as well, having gotten Anthony Trolongo out of America Heritage (a player UM should have recruited - smh). Moreover, he only makes $570k per year, which I’m confident is significantly less that what Gino has been stealing from the U.

Advertisement
Back