Who Is The Next OC on Our Staff? Do We Have a Replacement For Enos on Staff?

When I first opened this thread, I thought it was about replacements for Enos after he gets fired.

Not a replacement for him when he gets a promotion.

Advertisement
No, no one on this staff (either side of the ball) is capable of being a coordinator.

To be fair, our head coach is a pretty capable coordinator. Maybe we should just start calling ourselves "Peter-Principle U". Pretty much everyone we have is at least one level above their capabilities. Blake James being the lone exception. I wouldn't trust that guy to bring me my morning coffee.

Joe Brady from LSU. He's their passing game coordinator and really emphasized the spread and uptempo, while using the strengths of Louisiana athletes to their advantage. He's an up and comer.
Lsu will likely give him a big raise and make him oc or co-oc. They have him in the booth with their current oc helping with the calls. Basically grooming him to take over.

Advertisement
If not Yost what about Bedenbaugh? He won’t ever get the OC spot at OU I think. And we can pay him 7 figures.

Enos ain't getting any HC interest, but I would be shocked if other teams in search of an OC don't gauge his interest. Even with the offense looking as it is, some high profile teams are going to hit him up in the offseason.

The only reason why Enos might get interest from other teams is because he has the ultimate stupid holy grail on his resume-coached under Saban.

Once you have that on your resume, you can get all kinds of jobs you don’t deserve. You might even get a Power 5 HC job despite having gone 1-11 for 3 straight years as a mid-major coach. Ask Mike Locksley about that.

Advertisement
Let’s say Enos offensive scheme starts to take off and we are really producing

It is well known he wants to be a head coach. If he leaves, would we have anyone on staff to continue his work?

When Manny hired him, did he plan for this? Or will we again have our players learn another system all over again. No one really runs his system in college so even if it did take off, did manny cover his bases?

This is one of the worst posts I’ve ever seen on this site. How many times has an OC been promoted from within a staff? If you didn’t know it rarely happens.

Just bc we like to promote s*** coordinators to head coach doesn’t mean we promote s*** assistants to replace their s*** mentors as well

Advertisement
Let’s say Enos offensive scheme starts to take off and we are really producing

It is well known he wants to be a head coach. If he leaves, would we have anyone on staff to continue his work?

When Manny hired him, did he plan for this? Or will we again have our players learn another system all over again. No one really runs his system in college so even if it did take off, did manny cover his bases?
toilet.gif

To be fair, our head coach is a pretty capable coordinator. Maybe we should just start calling ourselves "Peter-Principle U". Pretty much everyone we have is at least one level above their capabilities. Blake James being the lone exception. I wouldn't trust that guy to bring me my morning coffee.
Enos isn’t a “bad” coordinator either. It’s his willingness to adjust to THIS MIAMI TEAM that’s questionable. Just take a look at our scripted plays and the last two drives against uva. We move the ball right down the field. So he can definitely scheme. We just need him to adjust the scheme to minimize our weaknesses. I think he would kill it at a school like Iowa or Wisconsin.

Enos isn’t a “bad” coordinator either. It’s his willingness to adjust to THIS MIAMI TEAM that’s questionable. Just take a look at our scripted plays and the last two drives against uva. We move the ball right down the field. So he can definitely scheme. We just need him to adjust the scheme to minimize our weaknesses. I think he would kill it at a school like Iowa or Wisconsin.
He has zero feel for the game. Zero. You can't script the whole game. Guys get paid for making effective adjustments. He has not shown the ability to do that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back