Who is the best long snapper in UM history?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hands down, Frank Gabriel...just look at that 'stache

CHJDOGQRZAKNOOJ.20160712230544.jpg

Advertisement
Scott Nicolas. Miami Hurricanes hall of fame LB and Long Snapper. 8 years in the nfl with the browns and dolphins mainly snapping the ball. great nfl career. possibly the easiest “best ever” conversation this board has ever seen.

Steve Alvers Miami Alum.played 5 years NFL Bills and Giants and coached and teached at Miami Southridge HS.
His best player he coached in HS was Steve Everet
Rated #1 long snapper in NFL during his time .

Advertisement
Advertisement
wasn’t really a big time Cane fwiw seems to have played/lettered only two seasons without much of an impact. he also didn’t have a long nfl career. he might have been a great coach, but i don’t see the “best ever long snapper” thing? what am i missing?
looks from the outside in, that Scotty was better.

wasn’t really a big time Cane fwiw seems to have played/lettered only two seasons without much of an impact. he also didn’t have a long nfl career. he might have been a great coach, but i don’t see the “best ever long snapper” thing? what am i missing?
looks from the outside in, that Scotty was better.
I remember Scotty 🙌

Steve before records were kept was rated #1 long snapper in NFL , this I know.

In the NFL he knew he had to be more flexible in his play he trained in long snapper this kept him in the NFL to get his pension.

But YES your correct he did only play TE at Miami , I stand corrected 👍.

Just brought back memories for he trained me in long snapping .

his snaps were bullets , gave punters an extra second to punt critical to cover punts.

George Michael.

Upon further review, I am going to change my vote, while George was great during the Dennis Erickson era, I realized that the all-time greatest UM center is a simple answer, since he would have handled all long-snapper duties back in the day.

Jim Otto.

First ballot NFL Hall of Famer.

"Otto's body was punished greatly during his NFL career, resulting in nearly 74 operations, including 28 on his knee (nine of them during his playing career) and multiple joint replacements. His joints became riddled with arthritis, and he developed debilitating back and neck problems. In his book, "The Pain of Glory" Otto described near death experiences from medical procedures, including fighting off three life-threatening infections due to complications from his artificial joints. During one six-month stretch, he was without a right knee joint because he had to wait for an infection to heal before another artificial knee could be implanted. Otto eventually had to have his right leg amputated on August 1, 2007. Despite his maladies, Otto says he has no regrets and wouldn't change a thing even if given the opportunity to do it over again."

Advertisement
Back