Who is QB?

UMercury21

Recruit
Right we got Tate... But what happens IF he doesn't get cleared for 2019? I'm assuming in that scenario Williams beats out everyone. so, then what happens in 2020?

So, yes it's great we got Tate, but this situation can get extremely sticky.

Advertisement
Reading all the tea leaves, I'd speculate he's very confident he'll graduate in May. If the dude has managed to amass enough credits for a Bachelor's in two years, I'll trust his ability to do so.

As long as he graduates he's eligible immediately.

Right we got Tate... But what happens IF he doesn't get cleared for 2019? I'm assuming in that scenario Williams beats out everyone. so, then what happens in 2020?

Really. You are worried about 240 days from now about something you have no control over. You need to relax and let the coaches do the worrying

Advertisement
Advertisement
It probably between Williams and Perry.

Perry has experience and crazy arm talent. 13 Passing (14 total) TD to 6 Int as bad as it sounds when you think about how garbage Richt's offense was schematically followed by predictable play calling I'm not sure how much better he could do given his unqualified QB coach while also being taken in and out of the lineup stunning any real chance for growth. Also he doesn't seem like the type of leader a team looking to win 10 games and get back to at least a new year 6 bowl would be off the field.

As for Williams, it just a complete unknown. Instead of thinking about the future and trying to get Jarren some reps in preparation for the 2019 season with the new red-shirt rule Richt continued to play Rosier. I think Williams is talented and it wouldn't shock me if he won the job. I don't think he has the type of arm N'kosi has but I think he could be a more accurate passer.

Weldon might be the fastest of the group but I don't think he has the arm talent either guy has. Also had mediocre stats in HS which isn't a good sign because that might mean his ceiling isn't high if you can't put up crazy numbers in HS, and he is basically here because Richt was doing his dad a favor. Weldon also isn't a good off the field guy.

Last edited:

Well if Williams is solid this year then that creates a pretty nice problem for us to have, no?

No such thing as having too many QBs, RBs, WRs, linemen, women ...or $$$s

Perry has experience and crazy arm talent. 13 Passing (14 total) TD to 6 Int as bad as it sounds when you think about how garbage Richt's offense was schematically followed by predictable play calling I'm not sure how much better he could do given his unqualified QB coach while also being taken in and out of the lineup stunning any real chance for growth. Also he doesn't seem like the type of leader a team looking to win 10 games and get back to at least a new year 6 bowl would be off the field.

As for Williams, it just a complete unknown. Instead of thinking about the future and trying to get Jarren some reps in preparation for the 2019 season with the new red-shirt rule Richt continued to play Rosier. I think Williams is talented and it wouldn't shock me if he won the job. I don't think he has the type of arm N'kosi has but I think he could be a more accurate passer.

Weldon might be the fastest of the group but I don't think he has the arm talent either guy has. Also had mediocre stats in HS which isn't a good sign because that might mean his ceiling isn't high, and he is basically here because Richt was doing his dad a favor. Weldon also isn't a good off the field guy.
. . . and furthermore, Manny and company should have 2 more QBs by then, right?

Advertisement
. . . and furthermore, Manny and company should have 2 more QBs by then, right?

I don't know, probably. See you gotta ask yourself if these players are really just bad or if Richt's system/play calling is just plan trash. I'm incline to go with the latter. Just in case though we should find a 1 year rental if Martell can't play early.

If what they are saying about his college credits is correct, he'll be eligible to play, at a minimum, when he graduates in May. I think the issue is whether he can get a waiver so that he can join the team now and partake in Spring drills.
This

Advertisement
It's a good thing no matter what. If he can't play this year, fine then JW needs to ball out to keep the job. That's how it should be.

Weldon might be the fastest of the group but I don't think he has the arm talent either guy has. Also had mediocre stats in HS which isn't a good sign because that might mean his ceiling isn't high, and he is basically here because Richt was doing his dad a favor. Weldon also isn't a good off the field guy.

Arm talent isn’t everything if you can’t read a defense. I don’t know if it was him not learning the playbook/studying film or the coaches legit didn’t get him prepared.

Advertisement
Back