Who is most likely to commit two

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Thad Franklin is a beast, but I am hearing from a local coach that Amari Daniels is the best RB in South Florida. I saw him play a little last season in a blowout win, but didn’t get a good assessment. With the pandemic, I haven’t gotten a chance to see him play this season.

Hopefully, the Canes will get commitments from both and have the best RB from Broward and the best RB from Miami-Dade in back-to-back years

Thad Franklin is a beast, but I am hearing from a local coach that Amari Daniels is the best RB in South Florida. I saw him play a little last season in a blowout win, but didn’t get a good assessment. With the pandemic, I haven’t gotten a chance to see him play this season.

Hopefully, the Canes will get commitments from both and have the best RB from Broward and the best RB from Miami-Dade in back-to-back years
Thad Franklin is another Solar system compared to Amari Daniels, he's the best back in FL hands down & it's not even close.

People think speed is the only thing that makes a good RB, speed matters but vision, balance, lateral movement, pad level & toughness are equally if not even more as important than just pure straight line speed.

The only thing that Amari does better than Thad is run the 40 yard dash, literally the only thing. Everything else required to be a good RB is Thad by a country mile.

Thad Franklin is another Solar system compared to Amari Daniels, he's the best back in FL hands down & it's not even close.

People think speed is the only thing that makes a good RB, speed matters but vision, balance, lateral movement, pad level & toughness are equally if not even more as important than just pure straight line speed.

The only thing that Amari does better than Thad is run the 40 yard dash, literally the only thing. Everything else required to be a good RB is Thad by a country mile.

One of my real close boys was a former 5-star recruit, played at FSU back in the heyday, watches a lot of ball and really knows what a good athlete looks like and what a good football player is. Not saying he's some special talent scout, but this dude grew up around elite athletes and played with some of the best ones to ever play at FSU....so I sent him to the state championship game last year and asked him to check out Franklin. He was committed to Miami at the time, and again my boy is a die hard state fan, it takes a LOT for him to give us props. I texted him after the game for his thoughts:

"Fvck you. That MFer is ******* SPECIAL"

Made me smile.

I hear your take, and I am not in a position to dispute it. I was surprised about Daniels when I heard this local coach say it, so I want to investigate myself. I prefer seeing recruits play in person. Daniels definitely improved last season, and he is a hard runner, and the speed is evident, but I need to see him again before I can verify.

Miami Central was one of the Miami-DADE High school football teams to opt in for the FHSAA playoffs, so we should have some games soon. I think the Canes should recruit him

Advertisement

We need 2 backs this year for sure, but if we only get one, it’s gotta be Thad

More on USC and the new QB offer - Jaxon Dart - seems like this kid is seriously thinking of committing to USC. Maybe that will prompt some kind of action from Garcia if he does commit to USC:

The 6-foot-3, 210-pound Dart trained with Moss in Southern California during the off-season, so there is some familiarity.

"I had been in contact with USC for about a month before they offered and obviously there’s been some discussions or rumors about a possible de-commitment, but as time continued to go on and they continued to watch more of my game film, the coaches felt like they couldn’t pass up on me, no matter how many commits they have," Dart said. "They have told me they see a lot of resemblance to Sam Darnold in me and that was really cool to hear. They feel like I can be a championship quarterback for them. They told me they couldn’t pass up the chance on me."

The presence of two other quarterbacks in the class isn't affecting how Dart views the opportunity of suiting up for the Trojans.

"The offense they have going at USC, it’s going to be super productive and they are going to show out this year," Dart said. "Kedon Slovis has been great there and he’s probably going to the NFL Draft soon, so that would be an opportunity for me to be able to go in there and compete for the job early.

"I might fly out to Los Angeles next week. We have a bye for first round of playoffs and I’m thinking I might go out to Cali and train with my QB coaches, and since I’ll be out there I’ll probably drive by the campus and get a vibe and feel for the place. I wouldn’t want to make a decision on anywhere if I hadn’t seen it in person. I’d definitely like to go out and see it."

Through 10 games as a senior, Dart has completed 68 percent of his pass attempts with 48 touchdowns and just two interceptions. He has amassed 3,345 passing yards, on top of 916 rushing yards and nine more scores through the ground.

In the rankings specifically, Dart has jumped up to No. 16 among pro-style quarterbacks and No. 3 in the state of Utah for the 2021 class, per the Composite.

It does appear that Dart will be headed the Power Five route now that he holds a handful of options in that sector. He had no Power Five schools on his offer sheet heading into the season.

The likes of Arizona State, Iowa State, TCU, UCLA and USC have all offered Dart in recent weeks.

As far as a time frame for making a college choice, Dart could be aiming for an announcement at some point next month.

“I’d like to commit soon,” Dart said. “I think right now it’s hard with us just starting the playoffs and my school term being over soon, so my mind is in a lot of places right now. Adding to that I’ve just been doing my research on schools, I don’t really have a time frame but I’m thinking November after a couple weeks of the Pac-12 season. I thought it would be harder to make a decision with the Pac-12 not playing but, with them playing now, that’s going to be really big in my decision.”

One of my real close boys was a former 5-star recruit, played at FSU back in the heyday, watches a lot of ball and really knows what a good athlete looks like and what a good football player is. Not saying he's some special talent scout, but this dude grew up around elite athletes and played with some of the best ones to ever play at FSU....so I sent him to the state championship game last year and asked him to check out Franklin. He was committed to Miami at the time, and again my boy is a die hard state fan, it takes a LOT for him to give us props. I texted him after the game for his thoughts:

"Fvck you. That MFer is ******* SPECIAL"

Made me smile.
If he’d attended Miami.... sucks for him

Advertisement

sam winchester yawn GIF

Advertisement
Back