Who is left?

Advertisement
Keep your eyes on the portal, consider what is needed and your guess is as good as anyone's. Insiders will provide you with the intelligence as the day goes on, should be enlightening:cheerful:

Yep besides Braun and Phillips if any players are added it will be via the portal. Fill the holes with 1 year players. I see a big class in 2020. Probably 25-30 players

Yep besides Braun and Phillips if any players are added it will be via the portal. Fill the holes with 1 year players. I see a big class in 2020. Probably 25-30 players

I'm not sure it is mentioned before, but another way to look at the portal is somewhat of counterbalance to players leaving after three years. IMO Manny has done an incredible job recruiting in the portal. Some of the players have more than one year of eligibility and generally speaking it takes a freshman time to truly contribute. The portal in some slight way counteracts bags.

I'm not sure it is mentioned before, but another way to look at the portal is somewhat of counterbalance to players leaving after three years. IMO Manny has done an incredible job recruiting in the portal. Some of the players have more than one year of eligibility and generally speaking it takes a freshman time to truly contribute. The portal in some slight way counteracts bags.

Agreed. The portal should be used to fill in holes.

Advertisement
I was talking about a talented 2019 kid in a situation like Corn who didn’t sign with the school he was supposed to and is fielding offers.

I was talking about a talented 2019 kid in a situation like Corn who didn’t sign with the school he was supposed to and is fielding offers.

I would like that too, but I think additional players will come from portal, either way if it helps I'm down for it.

There are not any names that I have seen mentioned that are still 2019 left out there. Manny did however say, he will be adding a few more this spring and summer. My assumption is all transfer guys at this point.

Advertisement
Having an early and late signing day basically kills the post-NSD surprises. Transfer portal is probably it.

Darren Jones 6-8 WR out of California. 48 TD catches in 2 seasons. He has been committed to Utah since August but hasn't signed.

Advertisement
I mean Nick Cross and some Utah wr thats a 4* USC commit but we're not in it at all with them. Im moreso wondering will some players do what Bru McCoy did and tries to dip because they see they may be in a mess and just take the rs early

Obviously the Portal is prob the route we are going.

But a few HS names still out there...
WR B. Fuller
LB T. Edwards (Duval)
OL H. Baldwin (Duval, grades)
OL M. Cartwright (Tunsil kid from Dade and all these kids seem to have a question mark with transfers and transcripts)

Nice 2019 class considering the damage control Manny had to do, recruit new players, while firing the entire offensive staff and hiring a new part of the coaching staff. Oh, and brain child the use of the Portal too. All of this in err, um, yeah a month! No way another HC (especially Richt) could’ve pulled all that off and gain ground on the 2020 and 2021 recruiting classes as well. Man’s a freaking genius thus far, he keeps this momentum up we’ll be apart of the upper echelon of CFB before we know it!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back