Who is in?

Advertisement
IMG_3038.jpeg

Man, both coaches won 7 games their first year with loser players from the previous regime and then won a title in year 2. But they didn't have the portal or time to recruit great players. How come 02 ****eyes matched up to get us to overtime without years of Butch-level recruiting?

Crazy
Ohio State was generally good under John Cooper though. He was essentially Ryan Day before Ryan Day. They kind of fell off the last year or two before Tressell got hired.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Man, both coaches won 7 games their first year with loser players from the previous regime and then won a title in year 2. But they didn't have the portal or time to recruit great players. How come 02 ****eyes matched up to get us to overtime without years of Butch-level recruiting?

Crazy
That 02 Luckeyes team had a god awful QB who found luck at the most opportune times, several times throughout the season. Hecompleted a hail mary pass for a W against a crappy Purdue team..... the pass looked like it was thrown by an epilectic in the middle of a tourette's tick:

(Turn the volume down/off - it'll save you the nausea).
Then they needed OT to beat Illinois the week after. They had several close escapes throughout the season and they felt like Hoosiers reincarnated into a football team. Their defense was stellar, but they lucked into several wins that year. Sometimes it goes like that. I still hate those MFers with a passion.

I'm sorry to you and myself for reliving that awful experience.

The last teams to win 7 games the previous season & then win a National Championship the following season was the 2000 Oklahoma Sooners who went 7-5 in 99 & the infamous 2002 Ohio State Buckeyes who went 7-5 in 01.

So the odds of us going from 7-6 to National Champs, is about 8%.
I'm gonna step out on a limb here and make that 8 a 0.....

Advertisement
The last teams to win 7 games the previous season & then win a National Championship the following season was the 2000 Oklahoma Sooners who went 7-5 in 99 & the infamous 2002 Ohio State Buckeyes who went 7-5 in 01.

So the odds of us going from 7-6 to National Champs, is about 8%.

**** both of those teams. We got jobbed.... Should have won three in a row.

Thanks for the ****ed up memories.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back