Who is in this pic?

Rogan's a bona fide badass, could hold his own in UFC if he were younger, hits like a mule kick.

He also has 2 BJJ black belts. One is tenth planet black belt and one under(I believe a Gracie). I wouldn't go as far as to say he would hold his own in the current UFC, but if he had all his training and entered into say UFC 40 or so when he was still a young dude. He would have been able to hold his own.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Joe Rogan is 5'7 ...i got Herbert throwing him around like a rag doll.

Kai Leon Herbert? Not a chance.

Have you ever actually been in a fight with someone who actually fights? Herbert would be walking away with broken arms if he tried to pull that on Rogan.

Greg Hardy actually trains and just got smacked around by a terrible MMA fighter.

Have you ever actually been in a fight with someone who actually fights? Herbert would be walking away with broken arms if he tried to pull that on Rogan.

Greg Hardy actually trains and just got smacked around by a terrible MMA fighter.

That's cool and all but there is reason there are weight classes.

Isnt Joe Rogan just an MMA commentator?.

That's cool and all but there is reason there are weight classes.

Isnt Joe Rogan just an MMA commentator?.

For sure and your right. Theirs classes for a reason. But in the early UFCs there was no weight classes. When 2 people are similarly skilled weight classes matter a huge amount, but when its someone with years of training vs someone who is just a much bigger and more athletic dude. Size won't matter 99/100 times. Rashad Bobino played on Texas back when they were good. Line backer. 3 time All Big 12 honorable mention. started 45 games. Not some random scrub. Got knocked the fvck out in 1 punch by a 145 pound grappler in a street fight in Texas like ten years ago.

Rogan is just an MMA commentator, but he also has 2 black belts in 2 forms of BJJ and a long history as a striker. He wouldn't be able to compete in the UFC, but against untrained college kids he would fvck their **** up.

Like I said someone like Ray Lewis who was a dope wrestler in High School would have worked Joe since Joe couldn't take him down. Or those big *** Olinemen int he B1G who all wrestled in. HS They would rag doll Joe, but someone like Kail Leon he would just get swept and put to sleep very quickly.

I wasn't asking that as a diss or anything. I was just curious

Advertisement
Anyone else think restrepo looks like that dude in the crew who is always tagging along, doesnt really bring anything to the table but he is harmless so you let him hang? Always the one going home solo from the bar.

just an observation. Hope he balls

Seriously bro?

He was heavy into martial arts competitions when he was younger. Nationally so.

Just like with Football. Every gym you go to. Every dude with a 600 lb squat is talking about how "they could play in the NFL". Anyone that actually played football knows, those slow MFers with no explosion would get WRECKED by a D1 kid, let a lone an NFL kid.

Its the same thing with fighting but worse. No 250+ pound guy wants to admit that someone 100 pounds less than them would wreck them in a fight. Everyone thinks they know a bit about fighting, but unless you have actually been in a lot of fights you are going to get wrecked. You even see guys with tons of training, but never sparred. They also suck. Take a karate guy who has been training for 30 years, but never been in a real fight. I would take an NFL fighter, even at the same weight to destroy him 9 out of 10 times.

Thats where @gogeta4 was coming from and he is right. football players aren't just big strong guys. They are big, strong, athletic, explosive, fast reflexed guys, who have been in situations where they have taken some big hits.

Advertisement
Looks like #TNM will continue to dominate the all-american instagram and social media teams. .SMDH.. We are attracting influencer wannabes, not football players! That's what Manny Diaz is about! 🤦🏻‍♂️ He should be managing a small school's Twitter account, not coaching football!!

Last edited by a moderator:
For sure and your right. Theirs classes for a reason. But in the early UFCs there was no weight classes. When 2 people are similarly skilled weight classes matter a huge amount, but when its someone with years of training vs someone who is just a much bigger and more athletic dude. Size won't matter 99/100 times. Rashad Bobino played on Texas back when they were good. Line backer. 3 time All Big 12 honorable mention. started 45 games. Not some random scrub. Got knocked the fvck out in 1 punch by a 145 pound grappler in a street fight in Texas like ten years ago.

Rogan is just an MMA commentator, but he also has 2 black belts in 2 forms of BJJ and a long history as a striker. He wouldn't be able to compete in the UFC, but against untrained college kids he would fvck their **** up.

Like I said someone like Ray Lewis who was a dope wrestler in High School would have worked Joe since Joe couldn't take him down. Or those big *** Olinemen int he B1G who all wrestled in. HS They would rag doll Joe, but someone like Kail Leon he would just get swept and put to sleep very quickly.

I wasn't asking that as a diss or anything. I was just curious

i some how remember the Bobino guy. Yea im not a big ufc guy...so i wouldnt know who is who...i remember rogan being like a comedian or commentator type....maybe i went over board with Herbert but you get my point.

Most people honestly though regardless of their training or whatever would have a hard time fighting a real NFL OL. That size and movement would just be to much and the physicality is normal to us (former ol). Yea Ray Lewis would likely have been a real good MMA type.

i know Kimbo slice son is trying to break in right now as i follow him on IG.

Advertisement
This is what Miami recruits should look like:
Reed,Rumph,Myers,Blades.jpeg

i some how remember the Bobino guy. Yea im not a big ufc guy...so i wouldnt know who is who...i remember rogan being like a comedian or commentator type....maybe i went over board with Herbert but you get my point.

Most people honestly though regardless of their training or whatever would have a hard time fighting a real NFL OL. That size and movement would just be to much and the physicality is normal to us (former ol). Yea Ray Lewis would likely have been a real good MMA type.

i know Kimbo slice son is trying to break in right now as i follow him on IG.

Nah, I def got your point. I agree with you 100%. Some 150lb guy who trained for a few years would get murdered by Aaron Donald. He wouldn't stand even the tiniest bit of a chance because the strength and athleticism are just too much for him.

There is a point though where technique trumps strength and athleticism though. And being really big Aaron Donald size ends up being a detriment because your throat and eyes aren't going to be any tougher than a smaller dude, but there is not chance a 285 pound guy is going to be as fast as a 200 lb guy(unless the 200 lb guy is crazy unathletic)

So the 200 lb guy is going to land that first shot everytime. Obviously, if dude tries a bodyshot on Donald he is going to get killed, but if that first shot is a punch to the neck or eyes. The fight is going to be over real quick. Even Greg Hardy cut weight when he got into MMA because he was just to big to be quick enough to fight.

But ya I know you know your schit as an OL and I am sure you would destroy 99.99% of guys you are around at any point of time. That size/strength combine with your ability to move and your hand speed/coordination at that size. Are going to body pretty much anybody. Even the guys that think they have hands because they got into it a lot in states/feds.

He lost in a decision to the #7 heavyweight who has wins over Werdum, Struve, and Nelson the guy is solid

Hardy should have been fed a few more cans before he stepped up

Advertisement
Back