Who is here from old Grassy/Scout?

Advertisement
Mike Bakas was like E.F. Hutton. Canesport was the all time best source of Canes info. Print media baby!

Same name. Those were some interesting times lol. I like to think I've grown up since then............ maybe. Guess it depends on who you’re asking.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Started on Eye of the Hurricanes in '96 and found Grassy about '99 back when Mike Bakas use to ride his bicycle to watch practices....stumbled into the Lounge the night we won the Rose Bowl and never left till they threw us out of the place. Being a Loungie, naturally I took up residence in the WEZ, but come here for the recruiting and news.

Do recognize some notables from the past. Like it here now, but as mentioned a few time in this thread, the Lounge lineup circa 2002-5 was like the Murderer's Row of Internet Message Board.....lotta really funny dudes back then.....we even managed to keep few chicks amused enough to hang around...then, like the Canes, we eventually sucked, and now here I am, a bitter old man desperately seeking to recapture the glory of his youth, when he could create online personas using fake IP addresses without getting caught........Hola Nolechica!

Last edited:
Was on Grassy & Shadow's board and under the same name, i.e.: daytonacane. Don't post a lot but still view to keep up on the news.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think Shadow's board is still around. They lost their recruiting guru some time ago, died young maybe after surgery.

I think there might have been an old shadow board before the current shadow board.

I used to be Matador or The Matador and for a while I was BeachCane. I think I was on Grassy's board from at or near the beginning. I used to go to Mike Bakas' board, SunshineRecruiting, I think it was. He was the king of recruiting at one time. He identified all the top prospects from south Florida who never appeared on the national recruiting lists. Sean Taylor was an example.

And Frank Gore

Only heard stories about Grassy. I was on Canestime during peak DBC days. By that point the only insiders were D$ and Random Walk. Bakas spent all his time 'humble'-bragging about how he said Miami should have offered Ricardo Allen.

Advertisement
3274DF72-2B42-4639-92C5-9FCAC2FC8034.png

Was on both Grassy and Shadow as Ohio Storm, same here. Didn't post often there don't post much here. Dad was a big Alabama fan even though we lived in Ohio, he passed in 1990. Learned about Coach Schnellenberger from him. Became a Hurricane fan the day he was introduced as Miami's coach and he said in that deep tone . . . "well, with the physical resources available at the University of Miami, I believe we can win the national championship in five years! It was on . . . I was a freshman in high school then. Wow!!

Advertisement
Back