Who is here from old Grassy/Scout?

blast from the past. Kimberly Dunbar the chic that embezzled a million bucks from her former employer and banged all the football players.

Advertisement
Reading through this thread is amazing. It takes me back with the pictures and names I haven't heard in forever. Some of my favorite stories from back in the day:

I went to the W2 lot tailgate because someone had custom made bottle Miami jersey coozies. I still use it today. That was probably 2000-2001.

I had a buddy, key word had, that was a basketball assistant coach at a school and he mentioned to me that Haith knew he was about to get fired if he didn't get the team winning more. So I posted this info (young and dumb) and to prove it was accurate I posted the coaches credentials. Well an assistant coach at Miami read the boards put two and two together and called my buddy and reamed him out and threatened to have him blackballed from coaching. My buddy called me screaming and demanded I post that I made it up. So I did but the damage was done. We haven't spoken really since and I learned a valuable lesson on how powerful message boards could be. My old buddy has since got a head coaching job at a midmajor.

Finally, When I was a freshman at Elon I went to a Duke game just because. I was keeping up with the Miami score on the scoreboard and we were down huge to Boston College. When we got back to campus the first place I dialed up the internet to was Grassy.com to find out what had happened and that was the game Crossland hit the only FG he ever made to win against BC in a dramatic comeback.

I was 58straight over there. I tried to keep the name but someone else used it before I made the switch. I remember when people would get themselves banned on purpose by going on a profanity laced ti raid after a tough Coker or Shannon led loss.. Oh, and remember when Big Conch got banned? Hilarious.

those were the days! big conch, sigmar, tinman, hegemon were others I remember

Sigmar and Tinman lurk here under the same names. Hege posts a lot.

Yep still here and lurk mainly....miss the grassy days....another poster was tonycanes....will meet up with him at UB bowling green game this November..my KId goes to UB and tony I think knows the qb of bowling green somehow...

I still talk with Tony too. Met up with him at some games and at Cedar Point.

Hey guys yall got room for ole Tex over here ? I have been around awhile, Auggie turned me on to grassy maybe 99 or so, I hail from same location as Jimmy here in Texas. I have a beer with him still about twice a year when i stay at The Chill, he recruited me out of hs BUT he was at OSU and i didnt even know where that was, or who the **** he was either. Good to see some of these names i hav'nt seen in years, still talk to Auggie, he's raising kids, as if thats an excuse to miss a game, **** i have 3 in college ALL AT THE SAME TIME, try that on for size.

BTW i have us going into ND game undefeated, when that happens we need to call in the whole crew and have something planned, including Gino aka CaneThang to lead those crown fueled cheers. We used to go to Monty's in the Grove alot, good place for a Cane hangout, that way i can come by boat and give 100mph rides, nothing like it. No vomiting in the boat though, 100mph on water will do that

Last edited:
Advertisement
In it's prime, The Lounge was everything great about the Internet

Every so often a rival fan would stroll in there and act tough or troll, and we'd have their IP traced and home address public in about 3 minutes.

Same screen name from Grassy back to about 2001. Active there. Lurk here. Good to see some folks I remember from back in the day posting in this thread. Good times and good people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember you from the premium board.

Good to be remembered -- I hope.

Funny how names and avatars go together. I remember NZ had a kid flexing at a podium.

Cant ****ing remember what I did this morning....but remember that for some reason. Go figure.

LOL. That was my older son at the White House during a tour. Don't know how you remembered that. I had completely forgotten.

Advertisement
Same screen name from Grassy back to about 2001. Active there. Lurk here. Good to see some folks I remember from back in the day posting in this thread. Good times and good people.

Dude, good to see you again!

You too partner. It has been way too long. Need to catch up in person.

Although I joined here in 2011 I still tried to hang on there at Grassy, joined in '98. But it's not even a shell of it's former self anymore. Anyways, seeing all the names here brings back a TON of memories.

What up Texx and others

Was and still am Wushah. Started at Grassy in 1997. Worked some other boards in for a while, but basically have been here since this site’s inception.

Advertisement
Not to get off subject but am I the only one who remembersaid a board with Shadow, Laus03 and Bigbluecane?

Advertisement
Hello everyone!

used to go by readingpacanesfan on Grassy/Canestime and COH( which I think is gone as well)

been just reading this sites content for awhile, enjoy some of the info so I figured i'd make it legit and sign up

Advertisement
Back