Who is here from old Grassy/Scout?

Grassy use to consist of me, Cogley (rip), CanesJim, Canes4Life, and like 15-20 others I want to say in 96 or so. The larger schools would make fun of us because we literally called each other by our first names instead of the handles.

Cogley was a good man. Last time I saw him before he passed away was at Chick Fil A Bowl in 2005. Many of us met in person in Manhattan in 1999 for the first time at a sports bar when we went up for Kickoff Classic. We also took over a Days Inn in Santa Monica with 65-68 rooms rented to Canes fans mostly from Grassy. Those were good old days until Brian turned sight over to different moderators who let sight go down and started banning anyone who disagreed with them

We had some epic tailgates at many away games and our get together in Santa Monica at Canes Inn was unforgettable. We had many players parents join us over the years. It was always fun to walk to stadium with a couple hundred Canes led by Gino doing the CANES cheer. Still have season tickets but don’t make every game and very few away games as it isn’t the same anymore. I think some of us are getting too old. View attachment 51189 this picture is a lot of old Grassy people including grassy

Oh snap, Paige Cane, Big E on that pic.

Advertisement
[video=youtube_share;gQfBCqUh8LA]https://youtu.be/gQfBCqUh8LA[/video]

Grassy use to consist of me, Cogley (rip), CanesJim, Canes4Life, and like 15-20 others I want to say in 96 or so. The larger schools would make fun of us because we literally called each other by our first names instead of the handles.

Cogley was a good man. Last time I saw him before he passed away was at Chick Fil A Bowl in 2005. Many of us met in person in Manhattan in 1999 for the first time at a sports bar when we went up for Kickoff Classic. We also took over a Days Inn in Santa Monica with 65-68 rooms rented to Canes fans mostly from Grassy. Those were good old days until Brian turned sight over to different moderators who let sight go down and started banning anyone who disagreed with them

We had some epic tailgates at many away games and our get together in Santa Monica at Canes Inn was unforgettable. We had many players parents join us over the years. It was always fun to walk to stadium with a couple hundred Canes led by Gino doing the CANES cheer. Still have season tickets but don’t make every game and very few away games as it isn’t the same anymore. I think some of us are getting too old. View attachment 51189 this picture is a lot of old Grassy people including grassy

You must be from Atlanta if you know Paige and Eric

Advertisement
Brian aka grassy still lives in Michigan...he sold his softball store. I text with him every so oftten. Try to get him to come to some games but has a busy schedule I guess.

where at in michigan?

I think its portage

It's portage... right outside Kalamazoo. I lived in Lansing Michigan at the time, met Brian and his wife in Marshall Mich and drove to Miami 24 hours non stop baby! Met a bunch of guys at the tailgate... Mike Bakes was a cool dude, church kid. Met 5x and his wife...I think she just had a baby...Scejas was grilling, Augie doing shots of crown all dam day... Pretty sure I met Aucane, Canesfoever K9 cane, Noah Zack and a bunch others. (Coley rip) the black dude from Atlanta...chit a bunch of ****'s. Can't remember everybody.

Joined grassy in 99 as MiamiNights. Joined this site at it's inception with same name but was banned during a golden debate (lmao). Same with shadows, canesoverhere and the site jenniferurs created.

You still owe me a beer. Are you still in Omaha? I keep being asked to go the 55th Strategic Reconnaissance Wing reunions but it's always in February. No thanks. Hope you are well.

lol dam..I got sent to Kansas City, been here almost 2 years I think or something close to that. You ever come this way I'll get you that beer lol.

anyone remember the invasion on the Notre Dame board we did around 1999 when that whole Kimberly Dunbar thing broke and you could freely use random names for every post? That was hilarious.

BTW, what ever happened to CiminiUM5. Felt like we saw him grow up on that board.

anyone remember the invasion on the Notre Dame board we did around 1999 when that whole Kimberly Dunbar thing broke and you could freely use random names for every post? That was hilarious.

BTW, what ever happened to CiminiUM5. Felt like we saw him grow up on that board.

Hah! I remember that as well. Couldn’t you also fake names on grassy back in the late 90s at some point?

Someone mentioned BigE - that’s a name I haven’t heard in eons!! And as for cimini, yeah, I believe he posts mainly in the WEZ under a different name. You’re right, was a kid!

I remember meeting you, k9, at tenn tailgate iirc back in 2003 (or was it before that at an OB tailgate?). I think I met Bryan - grassy - on that trip.

Advertisement

Hah! I remember that as well. Couldn’t you also fake names on grassy back in the late 90s at some point?

Someone mentioned BigE - that’s a name I haven’t heard in eons!! And as for cimini, yeah, I believe he posts mainly in the WEZ under a different name. You’re right, was a kid!

I remember meeting you, k9, at tenn tailgate iirc back in 2003 (or was it before that at an OB tailgate?). I think I met Bryan - grassy - on that trip.

AU, I absolutely remember meeting you at least once. BTW, Im coming in next week for the Gatech game, lets grab a beer.

And yeah, the ability to come on as any name was hilarious....

was on Grassy in 96/97. Nothing will ever match how good the board was 99-2005. Fell apart with the great schism. Greatest tailgate ever BW parking lot at BC 2003. Many other great ones.

Advertisement

****! I remember seeing that picture on grassy many years ago

Joined grassy in 99 as MiamiNights. Joined this site at it's inception with same name but was banned during a golden debate (lmao). Same with shadows, canesoverhere and the site jenniferurs created.

LOL - I remember Jennifurs, the chick that used to bang Robert Marve.

Great seeing all this old names pop up again. Wish I would have gotten to meet some of them in person, but it still feels like a reunion going through this thread.

she really used to bang Marve??

AU, I absolutely remember meeting you at least once. BTW, Im coming in next week for the Gatech game, lets grab a beer.

And yeah, the ability to come on as any name was hilarious....

Good to hear if game isn’t night game I’ll be down K9 and we can catch up. I’ll text you then.

Advertisement

MiamiJoe! Wassup foo?!? I still drink beers out of your Miami jersey koozies! I'm sure you remember, but I was the guy who got kicked outta the Fiasco Bowl in the 3rd quarter.

I totally forgot about that epic pic and that I was actually in it in the smack dab in the middle of it! My head looks like it's an extension of Randy's tricep! LOL! Can't believe the Rose Bowl was like 15-16 years ago now! Time flies!

GO CANES!
Josh

You must be from Atlanta if you know Paige and Eric

Nope, Greenville SC.

Advertisement
Back