Who is here from old Grassy/Scout?

Still lusting over DMoney's armstead jersey he wore that day. hah!

LOL. That jersey used to stand out from the crowd. Now that they've gone back to the original design and banned individual numbers, Hard Rock Stadium is filled with throwback #1 jerseys.

Advertisement
Here and same name. Started when my best friend played for the baseball team and he told me about the site. Was around 2002 or so.

Advertisement
Bennubird

I got on board in the early 2000s, I think, but it could have been earlier. Started on the free broad at Scout and then joined the premium board. There were some good posters over there, but most of them came over here early on. I believe DMoney let me know about CIS, came over in the second wave.

Anyone know whatever happened to Canemight? Also, who were RandomWalk and Chefcane?

chefcane was just some poser who had a girlfriend who worked in the Hecht.

as i said in a prior post, i met random walk at a tailgate, and he was a serious dude. super nice guy, by the way .... he and his family had given money to UM and he knew a lot of people there.

Seems like a remember reading on one of the boards that Randomwalk had given money to the school. Good to know he was/is a good dude. LOL at chefcane.

Advertisement
I joined Grassy in 2001

Was on Shadows board in 2000, and found grassy at random after a poster linked the site

Chuckle on scout (failed to enter the s)

I remember the change to Scout so I must have been on grassy before. Memory fails but my youngest son is over 20 in the Army now so he may not have even been in HS then.

Helped Bakkas get a ticket for the Tennessee game in Knoxville and he sat with our traveling group. Every year we went to at least one away game until I left SoFLA and then maybe one more.

Interesting to see how many Scout people remain. Like Vern and others say it seems to me the board was more about football then. Meeting grassy/scout guy was meeting a fellow hardcore Cane to share drinks and banter with, other differences didn't matter.

Advertisement
Grassy was awesome back in the late 90's, early 2000's. Lots of good times there. I'm glad I found this board last week. Grassy quickly deteriorated after Scout took over. Kinda sad, what ever happened to Brian Knoll? Hope to see some old Grassy people on this site.

go CANES!!

Brian aka grassy still lives in Michigan...he sold his softball store. I text with him every so oftten. Try to get him to come to some games but has a busy schedule I guess.

where at in michigan?

I think its portage

Yep, Grassy member here and still the have the newspapers and magazines the subscription came with.

Grassy was awesome back in the late 90's, early 2000's. Lots of good times there. I'm glad I found this board last week. Grassy quickly deteriorated after Scout took over. Kinda sad, what ever happened to Brian Knoll? Hope to see some old Grassy people on this site.

go CANES!!

Brian aka grassy still lives in Michigan...he sold his softball store. I text with him every so oftten. Try to get him to come to some games but has a busy schedule I guess.

where at in michigan?

I think its portage

It's portage... right outside Kalamazoo. I lived in Lansing Michigan at the time, met Brian and his wife in Marshall Mich and drove to Miami 24 hours non stop baby! Met a bunch of guys at the tailgate... Mike Bakes was a cool dude, church kid. Met 5x and his wife...I think she just had a baby...Scejas was grilling, Augie doing shots of crown all dam day... Pretty sure I met Aucane, Canesfoever K9 cane, Noah Zack and a bunch others. (Coley rip) the black dude from Atlanta...chit a bunch of ****'s. Can't remember everybody.

Joined grassy in 99 as MiamiNights. Joined this site at it's inception with same name but was banned during a golden debate (lmao). Same with shadows, canesoverhere and the site jenniferurs created.

Advertisement
Was on grassy in the old days, too. (Late 90's) Same name. Great times. Mostly lurked. Same here.

Been here for a minute. I remember having epic battles in the lounge with canecastic and the like as FSUUNC22. Sniff, Eastfan, elstrolls, where y'all at?!? Lol.

Advertisement
Back