Who is cory johnson?

nycane

All-ACC
Premium
I seen an article post on insidetheu about a defensive tackle named cory johnson but I am not a full member.

Advertisement
I belong to ITU he was a Golden commit back in 11 right before Al came here and he went on to a JUCO in NY. He doesn't seem that talented and is JAG or at best a long term project.

Advertisement
I felt like Oslen Pierre was a waste. Also, they found muhammed wilkerson. However, there have also been misses like ambrister and darius smith.

I felt like Oslen Pierre was a waste. Also, they found muhammed wilkerson. However, there have also been misses like ambrister and darius smith.

Let's pump the breaks on Pierre, the potential is there but let's have him have some type of good season before he is Wilkerson.

I didnt say he was wilkerson but he is our most consisten interior lineman on defense.

Pierre could break out this year I remember Golden in a post practice interview say Pierre was leaving the other DT's in the dust with his play. This could be his break out junior year along with a bunch of guys.

Advertisement
Kid has right size for DT and has 3 years eligibility left. He is actually fomr SC. Move to NE during HS. SC has some nice DL talent.

A few things:

1. In 2010 (2011 Recruiting Class) when Golden was hired, we were in dire straights in terms of finishing the class. We had few if any visits scheduled, we had few commitments and we were about to go into the dead period. Golden scrambled to fill the class with kids, even if they were lower caliber because WE NEEDED GUYS BADLY.

In June of 2011 we were able to get Armbrister, Darius Smith (JUCO) and Corey King. This was clearly a way to just get some guys for much needed depth. Remember a guy in 2011 can play in 2011.

2. I don't understand what Armbrister has to do with Darius Smith. Smith was a JUCO DT, Armbrister was a Senior Saferty.

3. I don't know anything about Cory Johnson. Not sure what he looks like but clearly the staff is looking at one more JUCO DT for 2013 (Derosier possibly).

I belong to ITU he was a Golden commit back in 11 right before Al came here and he went on to a JUCO in NY. He doesn't seem that talented and is JAG or at best a long term project.

Have you seen film? Or is your opinion based on what other people say?

Advertisement

I, too, was very confused by that statement. Would love to know what makes Heals think he's a JAG.

I, too, was very confused by that statement. Would love to know what makes Heals think he's a JAG.

I'm sure Heals has watched the kid play live and done extensive film research on him.

Advertisement

Well, you see, Heals is an idiot.

Well, you see, Heals is an idiot.

Heals seems to have the inherent ability to judge everyone's limitations but not his own

Wow I am surprised AG is digging back into his Temple recruiting bag of tricks for Johnson, who look the part of what UM is looking for at NT.
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2013/05/rutgers_recruiting_rutgers_off_7.html

I do think that Johnson needs a year of S&C to add the bulk needed to be effective at the FBS, becuase the JUCO comp he played is suspect. I like the offer none the less if johnson is a Mid year enrollee, so he can be added back to 2013, which allows UM to bring in 4 prep DT's.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back