Who do the Canes currently lead for in 2022 class?

Advertisement
200.gif

Advertisement
Probably none of the South Florida top players. I know we got James Williams last year - but that's an aberration.

Advertisement
Honestly, I'd say no one at this point. Maybe Jacurri Brown (QB from GA) and Isaiah Bond (WR/CB from GA). It feels like we in the mix for a lot of guys but I couldn't tell you who are cane leans at this point.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think this will be a really small class and that’s part of the reason for the slow start. Don’t want to cut guys for higher ranked studs late. Take best 15 and then go shopping in portal.

Outside of the two GA kids I’d guess Dante Anderson the DE from Homestead, maybe Mike Jackson from Palmetto. I think both will probably be in the class but who knows. Maybe Peterson the TE from Lake City as well.

With the NCAA dead period being stretched into infinity & kids not being able to see campuses & coaches not seeing kids in person, it is going to be extremely difficult to get a read on recruiting for the time being.

Football players in the class of 2021 got Lexington Steeled by the pandemic. Football players in the class of 2022 might even be more screwed because some of them only have one year of varsity film, some of them have been to barely any camps if any at all and most of them have not been to any schools.

The worst part is that with schools having a bunch of 6th year seniors & college kids having an extra year of eligibility and the NCAA not making a ruling on ICs/scholarship limits we're not even sure how many schollies we will be able to give out, if any at all

Advertisement
Back