tumblr_nb4yasoLbJ1qlrzzdo1_500.gif

Attachments

• dawgbite-mark-richt-o.gif
    dawgbite-mark-richt-o.gif
    1,008.8 KB · Views: 97
Advertisement
UM hired a known commodity.

UGA hired a complete unknown.

It remains to be seen who got the better guy, but I would have been really sour if we hired Smart. And I'm very happy that we hired Richt.

What if Smart brought Cristobal with him though? Would have been glorious.

As a former ****ty corch said..............."are you serious?"

We got a steal....stars and planets aligned in our favor.

Richt left Kirby a gold mine.....trust and believe if he goes 8-4 and we end up winning the ACC, they will be calling for someone's job up there

Advertisement
I get a laugh out of UGA fans. They think their program is elite....they only won 1 national championship since the 50s and think they should be among the top with Bama, OSU and other blue blood programs. **** we won 5 since they won their last. Talk about a delusional fan base.

agreed. they owe all relevancy to richt

Richt got fired because he wasn't Saban. He miked that program for all it was worth. Its very similar to South Carolina.

They had to make a move because staying stagnant is a sign of not caring, but the only way Georgia wins is if they got Saban, Kelly or Myers.

Miami can win it all with a coach at Richt's caliber.

Georgia cannot win it all with Smart.

We would not have hired Smart.

Last edited:
GA messed up big time. Not only do I feel we have one of the best coaching hires with Richt, but GA firing Richt to replace him with Smart is just a bad move all around. Kirby Smart will be Will Muschamp 2.0.

Agree. But Will Mischamp will be Will Muschamp 2.0.

The sec coaching changes were awful across the board. How do you take Muschamp over Rich Rod or Schiano?!?! Or even the recently fired ECU entire staff?

And UGA hiring a Saban defensive coordinator to replace a top ten coach?!?!

Advertisement
Miami is THE U. UGA is well, UGA. Winner Miami. I wanted Butch but Mark is very experience HC who has not reached that one goal all coaches want. He is at Miami now where that goal is much more possible. Smart is probably the most sort after assistant coach in country but the jump to THE MAN is always iffy. This is UGA's second shot at an assistant in a row. I think it is more likely the Mark takes us to NC than Smart taking UGA, so Miami won.

Richt isn't mean or dirty enough to beat Saban, on basically even ground, facilities/recruiting-wise, in the SEC. Put him in Miami, with the talent available, and coaching the way he wants to, not what's forced upon him, and I think he'll get Miami back.

Georgia was facing the choice of always being good, but never elite, with him there. They made the leap to try to get better.

Richt isn't mean or dirty enough to beat Saban, on basically even ground, facilities/recruiting-wise, in the SEC. Put him in Miami, with the talent available, and coaching the way he wants to, not what's forced upon him, and I think he'll get Miami back.

Georgia was facing the choice of always being good, but never elite, with him there. They made the leap to try to get better.

Would characterize it more has they took a huge risk to try and get better. It might work out for them but as of now I feel a lot better with richt than smart.

Advertisement
As far as Georgia is concerned, is it the coach or is it the program. 2 championships in a 122 years of football is not that good

I hope Smart does well at UGA. My wife is a UGA fan and I don't think she is emotionally and mentally strong enough to have been a Miami fan these past 10 years, but she may be about to find out what it was like.

Saban is a dictator at Alabama. That doesn't really bode well for coach development. And the jury is still out on the 'Saban coaching tree'. Just as much failure as there is success from 'Saban guys'.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back