Who Are The Leaders In The 4th Quarter???

Jaquan has that dawg in him but just getting his time on field.. Your ballers are usually your leaders so as he gets more PT and shows out I'm sure it will come out.. It's in him

Advertisement
Not sure who it was, but we fought our asses off in the 4th quarter (despite the defense being gassed).

I was very impressed with our 4th quarter effort against FSU. Thought for sure they'd end up winning by 2 scores.

No coach can make a player a leader. The player evolves into one, or doesn't. A screaming 'rah rah' type isn't necessary. Those types are often fake, like screaming coaches. Leadership status is earned.

I don't know that Miami has that on offense. Kaaya probably doesn't have that status. I will say playing through some rough tough hits in the FSU should mean something to his team.

Leadership is evolving on defense. Shaq and Pinckney have that vibe. Elder as well. The DL is a wild bunch. I don't know if one player runs the pack or not.

Advertisement
That guy you mention currently plays for Glynn Academy

True freshman or not I promise you DeeJay Dallas is going to be a leader. If your leaders have to be seniors you're already beat. Sometimes a freshman has to take on that role

One of the freshmen LBs? If not, we will have an Ed Reed, Blades and Irvin on the sidelines. Literally. Those guys will be back on the sidelines soon.

I just wish a player would be paranoid enough to calm everyone down during the TD celebration and subsequent extra point rush.

Anyway, on to tomorrow.

Advertisement
No coach can make a player a leader. The player evolves into one, or doesn't. A screaming 'rah rah' type isn't necessary. Those types are often fake, like screaming coaches. Leadership status is earned.

I don't know that Miami has that on offense. Kaaya probably doesn't have that status. I will say playing through some rough tough hits in the FSU should mean something to his

Leadership is evolving on defense. Shaq and Pinckney have that vibe. Elder as well. The DL is a wild bunch. I don't know if one player runs the pack or not.

Didn't someone say the other day that the FSU game was the first time Kaaya was voted as a team captain? If so, it makes me question his natural leadership abilities that it took him being a third year starter at QB to finally get the votes needed

I don't know that Miami has that on offense. Kaaya probably doesn't have that status. I will say playing through some rough tough hits in the FSU should mean something to his

Didn't someone say the other day that the FSU game was the first time Kaaya was voted as a team captain? If so, it makes me question his natural leadership abilities that it took him being a third year starter at QB to finally get the votes needed

It is an odd fact isn't it?

I just wish a player would be paranoid enough to calm everyone down during the TD celebration and subsequent extra point rush.

Anyway, on to tomorrow.
Glad someone else finally said this. That entire sequence was rushed.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Well, his first year as a starter he was a true freshman. I doubt any team has a true freshman as a team captain. And FWIW, Kaaya was listed as team captain last year on Wikipedia. Kaaya, Dallas Crawford, and Raphael Kirby. Sources need to be verified either way.

Advertisement

Well, his first year as a starter he was a true freshman. I doubt any team has a true freshman as a team captain. And FWIW, Kaaya was listed as team captain last year on Wikipedia. Kaaya, Dallas Crawford, and Raphael Kirby. Sources need to be verified either way.

I thought they taught you kids Google 1010 at college these days. Am I wrong?

Kaaya was voted Most Valuable Player at the end of last year. He was also team captain. Game captains are rotated, so perhaps the FSU game was the first game of this season he was a game captain.

This might be the 'odd fact' confusing some posters.

Last edited:

Kaaya was voted Most Valuable Player at the end of last year. He was also team captain. Game captains are rotated, so perhaps the FSU game was the first game of this season he was a game captain.

Any insight on who chooses game captain's at this point?

Advertisement

Not sure who picks the game captains.

Game captains for the first five games were:

Week 1: Jamal Carter, Danny Isidora, Brad Kaaya and Justin Vogel
Week 2: Braxton Berrios, Corn Elder, Nick Linder, and Rayshawn Jenkins
Week 3: Braxton Berrios, Shaquille Quarterman, Sheldrik Redwine, and Marquez Williams
Week 4: Michael Badgley, Danny Isadora, Kendrick Norton, and Chad Thomas
Week 5: Michael Badgley, Jamal Carter, Corn Elder and Brad Kaaya

FSU wasn't Kaaya's first this season either.

Regardless, I like to see Kaaya lead with a little more fire on the field.

Not sure who picks the game captains.

Game captains for the first five games were:

Week 1: Jamal Carter, Danny Isidora, Brad Kaaya and Justin Vogel
Week 2: Braxton Berrios, Corn Elder, Nick Linder, and Rayshawn Jenkins
Week 3: Braxton Berrios, Shaquille Quarterman, Sheldrik Redwine, and Marquez Williams
Week 4: Michael Badgley, Danny Isadora, Kendrick Norton, and Chad Thomas
Week 5: Michael Badgley, Jamal Carter, Corn Elder and Brad Kaaya

FSU wasn't Kaaya's first this season either.

Regardless, I like to see Kaaya lead with a little more fire on the field.

Are you ******* serious......Badgley?

Jesus wept

I know that we're trying to move on to UNC, but I still feel like what I'm about to say is relevant to the rest of the season.

When I watched that game against FSU as the game was moving into the 4th quarter, I was thinking to myself, "where are the leaders on the sideline"? I didn't see that "fire" from any one of those guys. I would've like to have seen Kaaya talking to his OLine like "Cmon guys, give me time in that pocket and I'll win this thing, we can't lose this one, not tonight". When the game is on the line, I want to see that one "alpha" who the team respects and will go to war for stand up and say "we not losing today" like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. Where is that player? You gotta have those guys on the sideline and in the locker room when it's crunch time.

Whoever if would have been who wasn't a true freshman, was mistakenly recruited by golden and was driven off or cut before Mark got here. I fear the process might still be in place -- Lord I hope I am wrong.

Advertisement
Back