Who Are The Leaders In The 4th Quarter???

Ayeplus

Freshman
I know that we're trying to move on to UNC, but I still feel like what I'm about to say is relevant to the rest of the season.

When I watched that game against FSU as the game was moving into the 4th quarter, I was thinking to myself, "where are the leaders on the sideline"? I didn't see that "fire" from any one of those guys. I would've like to have seen Kaaya talking to his OLine like "Cmon guys, give me time in that pocket and I'll win this thing, we can't lose this one, not tonight". When the game is on the line, I want to see that one "alpha" who the team respects and will go to war for stand up and say "we not losing today" like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. Where is that player? You gotta have those guys on the sideline and in the locker room when it's crunch time.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I know that we're trying to move on to UNC, but I still feel like what I'm about to say is relevant to the rest of the season.

When I watched that game against FSU as the game was moving into the 4th quarter, I was thinking to myself, "where are the leaders on the sideline"? I didn't see that "fire" from anyone of those guys. I would've like to have seen Kaaya talking to his OLine like "Cmon guys, give me time in that pocket and I'll win this thing, we can't lose this one, not tonight". When the game is on the line, I want to see that one "alpha" who the team respects and will go to war for stand up and say "we not losing today" like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. Where is that player? You gotta have those guys on the sideline and in the locker room when it's crunch time.

Some kids lead differently. You either have it or you don't. A leader is born not made. anyways I think a guy having a rah rah attitude ala baker mayfield is overrated, he shows a bunch of emotion and already has taken 2 ls

I was thinking the same thing.

We dont have a ed reed, sean taylor, al blades, irvin type leader.

I remember seeing Walker for FSU going around saying they wont lose . we dont have that

We don't know what he said he could have been saying that in a huddle. Or someone else could have been off camera saying it

From articles and interviews - Dobard seems to be a leader on offense but he sucked against FSU so he was probably not mouthing off.

Advertisement

When I watched that game against FSU as the game was moving into the 4th quarter, I was thinking to myself, "where are the leaders on the sideline"? I didn't see that "fire" from anyone of those guys. I would've like to have seen Kaaya talking to his OLine like "Cmon guys, give me time in that pocket and I'll win this thing, we can't lose this one, not tonight". When the game is on the line, I want to see that one "alpha" who the team respects and will go to war for stand up and say "we not losing today" like Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. Where is that player? You gotta have those guys on the sideline and in the locker room when it's crunch time.

Some kids lead differently. You either have it or you don't. A leader is born not made. anyways I think a guy having a rah rah attitude ala baker mayfield is overrated, he shows a bunch of emotion and already has taken 2 ls

It's actually not overrated. I rather have that than not at all. That's why Miami is Miami. Look at all the dawgs that came in and out of this program. You need some guys on your sideline and in the locker room who know they didn't work that hard in the offseason just to blow this moment and will not tolerate it from his teammates. I like how they came out in pregame, but where is all that fire in the 4th quarter when it's rough? Stacy Coley, you are a senior, where are you? I need a guy like him to be in Kaaya's face all game like "we ain't going out like this. I know you been getting beat up, but let's do this ****"... Somebody man!

Editor's Note: If you want leaders, you need to recruit them.

You don't assume a guy like Stacy Coley will morph into a vocal rah rah leader just because he's been here a few years.

So once we get one of those loud barking, we're not gonna lose types with the dog in him, like Chise said... then we back???

Advertisement
Who's earned the right to lead? I hate to say it but the upperclassmen here are career losers. Just facts.
It's in their power to change this but I'll keep waiting to see a refusal to lose.

Advertisement
JFC, these threads are getting more and more worse by the day...

You obviously don't comprehend the premise of the thread.

Look at that meltdown in the second half. Guys were just standing around as if they were "snake bitten". Kayaa is tough considering he got his tooth knocked out, but I hated his demeanor. I was losing it because I wanted to see a player stand up and get in somebody's face and demand everyone to step up like those were his troops like the greats used to do.

Put it this way. You'll be a **** lie if you didn't look at Lamar Jackson against Clemson and think to yourself "That's the type of fire I used to see from Miami players in the midst of a heated battle". That's the fire I want to see from somebody when the game is on the line, especially against FSU.

Last edited:
Yeah not a bad observation. Derwin James was all over that sideline and he was even playing.

DeMarcus Walker walked onto the middle of the field and spoke to offense during a timeout.

Advertisement
Golden punishes guys for being too outspoken. They wanted mindless robots, not leaders. Hopefully this staff can change that.

I see it in Pinckney and Richards, but they're true freshman.

I agree especially with pinckney. He's going to be the leader of our defense for the next three years along with Shaq

Shaq strikes me as more workmanlike and more of a lead by example guy. We need both.

I'm pretty sure Shaq was a (very vocal) team captain as a sophomore in high school.
[MENTION=10044]UknowWhat[/MENTION]

Advertisement
Back