Who are our best OTs for the Future?

Mackmiller974

All ACC
Right now it seems like our Oline is filled with interior Olineman. Who do you guys think will be the starting LT and RT for 2021 and beyond.

Advertisement
Right now it seems like our Oline is filled with interior Olineman. Who do you guys think will be the starting LT and RT for 2021 and beyond.
Isaiah walker will factor in at one of those spots, preferably left tackle. IT WAS BIG that we got him. Rivers is athletic enough to play right tackle and he doesn’t have a bunch of bad weight so he possibly can be an option there

Isaiah walker will factor in at one of those spots, preferably left tackle. IT WAS BIG that we got him. Rivers is athletic enough to play right tackle and he doesn’t have a bunch of bad weight so he possibly can be an option there
Rivers was surprisingly the best Olineman on his team at the Under Armour game. Hopefully he can contribute at guard right away and then move outside in 2021. I think Michael McLaughlin will be a very good OT after he spends 2-3 Years with freely. Very athletic and can put on a lot of size for his frame. I think he can become one of those Kolton Miller or Ezra Cleveland style OTs

Advertisement
It all depends on how the season plays out. If we win, recruiting will improve and we may start to come into the picture for highly rated linemen.

ETA: No disrespect intended to Mike McLaughlin who could come in and seize one of the tackle spots. Who would've thought that a 3* 250 lb TE named Jason Fox would come in and start as a freshman and be named a freshman AA.

Last edited:
Isn’t Chris Washington like the prototypical Tackle prospect? He’s like 6’7 and has frame to develop and is athletic from what I’ve read. Also, let’s not sleep on Zion, he shouldn’t have been playing as a true freshman... still 3-4 more years to develop. I’m not exactly an expert on this subject but those are just my thoughts

Advertisement
Walker, Zion, Washington, hopefully McClaughlin sticks and we get another good OT for the 2021 class, maybe Rivers. I know there are a lot of projects but in terms of athlecticism and body type we have some numbers and I'm not really looking for the competition to get serious at the tackle spots until the 2022 season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back