Who’s the most underrated Miami player ever?

Don't know about underrated...but, OJ Andersons name doesn't come up nearly as much as it should.
This is exactly how I feel about Dan Morgan.

How could our first Sophomore team captain, an All American and 3x all conference 1st team player, who set our career record for tackles, while becoming the first player EVER to win the Nagurski, Butkis and Bednarik, be underrated or at least under discussed?

Because despite all the awards and national recognition, he never makes Miami fan's Mt Rushmore. And a lot of posters don't even have him on their all time starting defense.

I get it.. with all the other elite players we've had its hard to put him above them. But take the names away and look at his accomplishments. There might not be a better resume. He doesn't get nearly the respect he deserves.

Advertisement
Dallas Crawford. Moved from safety to RB to help the squad out and really balled out there. A few games he carried the team

Yes, agree.
There was at least that one game I recall offhand (think it was in the Orange Bowl and Golden was the coach) where they handed off the ball to him somewhere around 7 - 10 times in a row and I think we eventually scored. If I recall correctly we didn't want to pass the ball in that series.
Swiss Army knife !

Advertisement
Advertisement
Here’s 5 guys that come to mind for me in chronological order. Most of these guys were studs here but are overshadowed by all-time greats.

WR Horace Copeland
QB Scott Covington
OL Sherko Haji-Rasouli
S Maurice Sikes
CB Brandon Harris
Great call with Sikes

Advertisement
I'll tell you another player that gets wayyy overlooked...LBer Rod Carter...was the Hardest hitter on the 85-88 teams, that had a plethora of Hard hitting MFers.
No lies being told here. Rod Carter was nasty. I encourage anybody who hasn’t seen any of his highlights to watch the ‘87 game against Arkansas. Every hit and tackle was vicious. I’m not saying it was the most dominating individual performance I’ve ever watched, but Mr. Carter was out to take souls that day.

Advertisement
Lol....Butch LOVED James Jackson....but he knew all too well how good Edgerrin was.
Butch did love James Jackson - probably to a fault

In 97 & 98 Jackson ran for 1,100+ yds & 11 TD's & 7.0 ypc. He absolutely beasted as Edge's backup

But when he became a 20 carry a game starter his numbers dipped to 4.8 ypc. And his NFL career was pretty ugly. But he had some huge games for Miami

Butch did love James Jackson - probably to a fault

In 97 & 98 Jackson ran for 1,100+ yds & 11 TD's & 7.0 ypc. He absolutely beasted as Edge's backup

But when he became a 20 carry a game starter his numbers dipped to 4.8 ypc. And his NFL career was pretty ugly. But he had some huge games for Miami
Really not to a fault....JJ was the consummate competitor...tough as nails. I saw Nate Webster absolutely LEVEL him at a practice, and JJ got up like a Champ. I'm talking getting Destroyed.

Really not to a fault....JJ was the consummate competitor...tough as nails. I saw Nate Webster absolutely LEVEL him at a practice, and JJ got up like a Champ. I'm talking getting Destroyed.
Rohan may have been the hardest hitter pound for pound, but nobody hit as hard as Nate.

I'd like to line up any college program and compare back to back to back Mikes and find ones better: Webster to Morgan to Vilma.

Advertisement
Back