Who’s the most underrated Miami player ever?

Advertisement
Advertisement
believe it or not, I'd throw Kevin Patrick in there. I remember everyone hyped Darren Krein but Patrick was an animal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think this is due to some off field issues, but Mark Walton.
- In 19 starts he had 1,876 yards (99 YPG) & 18 TDs.
(in comparison, in 17 starts Frank Gore had 1,624 yards (95 YPG) & 12 TDs)

- In 31 total games he had 28 TDs..
(in comparison, Ottis Anderson had 22 TDs in 41 total games)

CJ Richardson - remember his game-momentum changing INT vs FSU in 1994?
Malcolm X Pearson - remember his endzone INT vs FSU in 1994?
James Stewart - great potential but had other issues, shall we say...
First one I thought of was CJ Richardson too. Secondary as a whole from 94 was underrated. I guess that will happen when you have Warren Sapp and Ray Lewis on the same defense.

Advertisement
Knowles? Underrated? He was awful. He was on Kacey Rogers, AJ Highsmith level of bad. I'm sure some will bring up his one decent game against FSU, but that guy made me cringe every play he was on the field. Great guy, good teammate, outstanding student athlete, but not a good football player.

Are you thinking of Sheldrick Redwine? He was a bit underrated. Think he finally got some respect and credit by his senior year.
No, thinking Knowles. He wasn't very good, but this board had him as the worst player ever to wear the uniform.

Clinton Portis. Nobody ever talks about him as one of the best Miami RBs.

And, of course, a Missouri kid named Medearis.
I’ve always thought CP was highly regarded amongst fans. Most have him somewhere between our 3rd-5th best RB depending on who you ask, and that’s fair. But it’s pretty much a consensus he’s not above EJ or OJ.

Great back and great Cane.

Advertisement
Back