Who’s taking over for Ivins

Advertisement
He’s now to us what Paul Finebaum is to Bama. He’s covering the south but still a Homer!

Advertisement
Gaby Urrutia (Used to work for State of the U) will be taking over as the primary Miami recruiting insider. Obviously Ivins will still be covering though so expect him to have the Miami juice still (save your Ivins hate from me, I get you don't like him, I don't care).

Advertisement
Gabby's hire was a couple months ago at this point. Which didn't really make sense at the time.

Looking back now it must have coincided with Ivins new job offer and this was just the couple month transition period.

Gabby being such a Cane homer will hopefully yield better scoops or updates in time.

Advertisement
I read ITU and think Gaby Urrutia is a good fit. I don’t know much about him but it feels like he is a Miami fan and it’s been interesting as to on it he’s been with commits and targets so early. Here’s to hoping he can develop into a writer we can get behind.

Whoop pm’d me and said it is @nystateofmind . Would explain why he’s been laying low while getting vetted. Congrats to him & Kenneth. XoXo

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back