Who’s gonna be the next coach at Iowa

Advertisement
I'll take Things That Never Happened for $100, Alex.
Yeah, I’m going to hold off firing the HC until there’s a little more information. It’s way too easy now to make any claim and have the media run with it. That would seem to be pretty easy to substantiate if true.

Ol chump L. Oliver went on a whole diatribe at Wet Willies once on how much he hated J.J. ...
Butt hurt he got shipped to the bungals. You never know who has an agenda. I don't jump on anyone's first word . The situation has to play out.
He left for the Bengals as a free agent in 1994...while Shula was coach. He came back a year later for Shula's last season.

Jimmy was coach in 1996, Louis Oliver's last season (8th). As far as I know Oliver retired after the 1996 season.

Advertisement
He left for the Bengals as a free agent in 1994...while Shula was coach. He came back a year later for Shula's last season.

Jimmy was coach in 1996, Louis Oliver's last season (8th). As far as I know Oliver retired after the 1996 season.
Cool. But i was there. He did club promotions with my homie...

Advertisement
Cool. But i was there. He did club promotions with my homie...
I believe you, I was just wondering why he said that. Now that I think about it, I believe he may have been released by the Dolphins (or they elected not to resign him) in 1994, rather than him leaving willingly. He had a bad foot injury in the 1993 season that limited his games played. I'm guessing he felt that he was forced out.

Oliver went to Cincinnati in 1994, hated it, and was happy to return in 1995.

I believe you, I was just wondering why he said that. Now that I think about it, I believe he may have been released by the Dolphins (or they elected not to resign him) in 1994, rather than him leaving willingly. He had a bad foot injury in the 1993 season that limited his games played. I'm guessing he felt that he was forced out.

Oliver went to Cincinnati in 1994, hated it, and was happy to return in 1995.

Its tough at the end of a career to let go....

You can be respected and even feared without being demeaning and degrading. Not many have mastered that, and not many will. People think you have to destroy your charges in order to be respected or to lead properly, but that's not true. The guys you mentioned have giant egos, but ego doesn't have to translate to demeaning and degrading.
Looks like we have lots of Machiavelli readers on this thread.
It is better to be feared than hated.
i hope people understand the difference and why Machiavelli was so prescient. To be hated means people want to kill you (have you fired in this context) To be feared means people are too scared to touch you.
Is Saban feared or hated?

Advertisement
1593609812321.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back