Who’s gonna be the next coach at Iowa

Advertisement
I absolute HATE when people don’t give these kids the respect they’ve earned. It’s not easy getting a full ride. It’s not “talent or genetics”. It’s WORK! These kids have done EVERYTHING the right way for a long time. They’ve earned respect. Yes, very few aren’t great, but the overwhelming vast majority of student athletes are amazing people who’ve killed themselves for the opportunity to go to college and play sports. If a coach doesn’t know that, he/she doesn’t deserve any respect EVER. I hope coaches like that never work with people of that caliber or character again.
Let's not underplay the genetics side of it, please. It does the sport and the players a disservice.

You can call on...
360x0.jpg
That was so long ago I couldn't remember his name at first.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wadley's accounts of his experience are damning. Probably a lot of people who didn't know that what they were doing was causing this young man to suffer. Probably many other young men, too. I wish he would've spoken up while it was happening, but I'm glad he's speaking up now at least. Crazy to think that Ferentz has been lauded as one of the unassailable characters in college sports for so long. It's bigger than him I guess, but he's responsible in his particular program.

I'm glad to see players standing up for themselves. Fck that Junction Boys 1950s bullsht. Treat people with respect regardless of their age or position in life.

You don't have the right to humiliate and degrade people just because you're a football coach. If you can't teach and motivate without degrading, humiliating and mentally torturing people, then you're a **** leader.
I mean I agree with you, but you’ve e been degrading and humiliating porsters here for years. And please don’t stop, just pointing it out.

Last edited:
Lots, maybe even not, of these high level D1 coaches are ego maniacs. is that in part why they are successful, or does the success turn them into ego maniacs? Hard to say and it probably differs. But so many coaches are ********; Saban, Meyer, Harbaugh, Bryant, Hayes, Schembechler, , just to name a few.

so I ask, is it possible to achieve the highest level of success as a college football coach Without being an *******? Has Dabo figured it out by throwing God into the mix? How did Jimmy succeed without being hated?

Lots, maybe even not, of these high level D1 coaches are ego maniacs. is that in part why they are successful, or does the success turn them into ego maniacs? Hard to say and it probably differs. But so many coaches are ********; Saban, Meyer, Harbaugh, Bryant, Hayes, Schembechler, , just to name a few.

so I ask, is it possible to achieve the highest level of success as a college football coach Without being an *******? Has Dabo figured it out by throwing God into the mix? How did Jimmy succeed without being hated?

You don't think Jimmy was hated?

WE loved the guy, but
Jimmy was hated..... as all great Hurricanes were back in the day.

Advertisement

WE loved the guy, but
Jimmy was hated by a lot of Howard’s players, and he eventually pushed a lot of Them out the door. If you were recruited by Jimmy you loved him, he had your back.

Advertisement

WE loved the guy, but
Someone I knew transferred into Miami and played for Jimmy. He came from another DI school. He said players loved Jimmy. Was night and day for him.

I'm glad to see players standing up for themselves. Fck that Junction Boys 1950s bullsht. Treat people with respect regardless of their age or position in life.

You don't have the right to humiliate and degrade people just because you're a football coach. If you can't teach and motivate without degrading, humiliating and mentally torturing people, then you're a **** leader.

I'm all for a hardass coach but these guys sound like complete d icks.

I mean I agree with you, but you e been degrading and humiliating porsters here for years. And please don’t stop, just pointing it out.

Yeah, but he was just referring to football coaches; not CIS members with carte blanche porsting privileges.

Advertisement
Back