Whitlock on ACC officiating

If you guys don't think that there are some officials on the fix every single Saturday your foolish.

There is simply to much money at stake and with Holding calls its too easy to bend the outcome of a game to the monies advantage.

Some NBA ref got caught a few years back and those guys make careers out of it. College refs are regular guys who live to be in the lime light, on the fields, in the big games around the coaches and players. They are corrupted by money like everyone else and cons can get their balls in a vice as easy if not easier than professional refs.

This day and age with social media, regular media, cameras on every phone and the way no one can keep secrets anymore I think it is almost impossible for a ref to be on the take. Someone will find out and follow the money trail.
People always want to think that there's some sort of swiss bank account or one in the Caribbean.
You are living in a dreamland called Hollywood if you believe this.

Come on. You think people on the take do it over social media? I have no idea how that even comes into play.

That's like saying in this day and age politicians cant be on the take.

Or

In this day an age college recruits dont get paid.

Where there is a lot of money involved there is always corruption. Its the root of all corruption.

I am saying a colleague who is not on the take or family member or authoritarian staff member would find out. These are Refs. They are not international super spies who know how to keep secrets.
Someone will find out eventually and they won't be able to keep their mouths shut.

Then by that logic social media has ended all corruption in the world other than international super spies of course. Kind of cool... never thought of it that way.

No.

By my logic it is not as easy as you make it out to be. An event that happens on a weekly basis was your claim.

Advertisement
It's bias, someone needs to let Mr. Porter know he owes us our 6th title!!! If anything was rigged , it sure was that game!! MF'er!!!

If you guys don't think that there are some officials on the fix every single Saturday your foolish.

There is simply to much money at stake and with Holding calls its too easy to bend the outcome of a game to the monies advantage.

Some NBA ref got caught a few years back and those guys make careers out of it. College refs are regular guys who live to be in the lime light, on the fields, in the big games around the coaches and players. They are corrupted by money like everyone else and cons can get their balls in a vice as easy if not easier than professional refs.

I understand your point but eventually a ref or crew would be caught. There would be some type of whistleblower to explain how a game or games were officiated in favor of one team or another.

Interesting video on 'fixed' NFL games

[video=youtube_share;esaaoSrK7_Q]https://youtu.be/esaaoSrK7_Q[/video]

There is almost definitely fixing going on...there's too much money to be made. But what I think happens much more often is just human bias. People don't like Miami, they think our players are thugs and that we play dirty. That leads to more calls against us. Lots more calls.

In the words of Jommy Johnson, if you leave it in the hands of the refs, we lose, do not allow that to happen.

Advertisement
The ACC benefits from Miami being down how?

If UM football were at the level its was at during the mid to late 80's or the late 90's, it would have literally DESTROYED ACC football. Look at what happened to the PAC10 when Pete Carroll took over USC. Same thing. EVERY KID in the state of California (the recruiting market that feeds the entire Pac 10) wanted to go to USC. The entire conference went to ****. Its not a accident that the NCAA went full ****** on USC with sanctions. The same thing would have happened to the ACC had it not been for the midget marxist.

I've often opined that part of donna's motivation in doing the damage she did to UM football was part of her deal to get UM into the ACC. By again, Im a tin foil hat kinda guy. lol

Idea has merit

I mostly remember the ACC refs being horrible to us during the Randy Shannon years. Like the 2010 game at Clemson...there were so many poor or non-calls that screwed us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back