Which Rs Players from 2015 class will contribute in 2016?

RoCanes

Freshman
It seems yearly some player who was red shirted breaks out and contributes and some cases makes a huge impact on a team.

Off
Bar Milo-OT
Jahair Jones- OL

Def
D. Jackson-DE
J. Gordinier-OLB
Henley-CB

Which players do you guys feel will impact our team in 2016?

Advertisement
It seems yearly some player who was red shirted breaks out and contributes and some cases makes a huge impact on a team.

Off
Bar Milo-OT
Jahair Jones- OL

Def
D. Jackson-DE
J. Gordinier-OLB
Henley-CB

Demetrius Jackson is a RS Sophmore. He got playing time last year.

Advertisement

Off
Bar Milo-OT
Jahair Jones- OL

Def
D. Jackson-DE
J. Gordinier-OLB
Henley-CB

Bar Milo

I like Milo.

Unless there are injuries, Gordinier doesn't see the field at LB. Quarterman, Young, and Pickney are all superior athletes.

Advertisement
I like Milo.

Unless there are injuries, Gordinier doesn't see the field at LB. Quarterman, Young, and Pickney are all superior athletes.

He may not make a huge impact, but I would expect Gordinier to contribute on special teams. But like you said, I doubt he passes up the young bucks especially with all three being EE's.

Maybe not all RS but if Milo, Jahair Jones and St. Louis make an impact then we'll do well on offense. Same with Henly and Jackson at CB, do well defense that much better. Be good sign for the skills of the LB's if we can get the 2016 boys some seasoning. Hope Gordiner can help inside and provide a middle blitz impact.

Advertisement
There are some people on this site that swear gordiner is the real deal. Have no idea - he's like the missing link to me.

Advertisement
Maybe not all RS but if Milo, Jahair Jones and St. Louis make an impact then we'll do well on offense. Same with Henly and Jackson at CB, do well defense that much better. Be good sign for the skills of the LB's if we can get the 2016 boys some seasoning. Hope Gordiner can help inside and provide a middle blitz impact.

Agree with on Milo and St.Louis being to able to contribute and push the upperclassmen for PT is a good thing. if one of those two could lock down say the RT position that would strengthen our Tackle rotation and it could enable Searles to move a player.
I think Darling could become a beast at G.

J. Gordinier-OLB

Probably Milo on offense

Will he stay at linebacker? or does anybody think he can be a situational DE pass rusher?
I just think with the depth and talent at linebacker and us switching to a 4-3 he could be better suited there.
Thoughts?

J. Gordinier-OLB

Probably Milo on offense

Will he stay at linebacker? or does anybody think he can be a situational DE pass rusher?
I just think with the depth and talent at linebacker and us switching to a 4-3 he could be better suited there.
Thoughts?

You can stay at LB and still be a situational pass rusher since you don't need the size to hold up against the run. I think Owens could do that as well.

As for depth - you can never have too much. With how up-tempo has changed the games, you need depth to rotate fresh bodies. Plus, there are always injuries. I love all the stud freshmen at LB, but some may need time to adapt and learn the defense as well, so we need depth.

J. Gordinier-OLB

Probably Milo on offense

Thoughts?

You can stay at LB and still be a situational pass rusher since you don't need the size to hold up against the run. I think Owens could do that as well.

As for depth - you can never have too much. With how up-tempo has changed the games, you need depth to rotate fresh bodies. Plus, there are always injuries. I love all the stud freshmen at LB, but some may need time to adapt and learn the defense as well, so we need depth.

Agreed, and from what I seen from other post. he isn't a scrub. I just don't know how fluid he is playing in space or dropping in coverage.

Advertisement
Back