Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Manny (Penn St)

Votes: 43 61.4%
  • Blake Baker (Missouri)

Votes: 19 27.1%

• Total voters

SCarolina Ibis

Medical Redshirt
will have the most embarassing defense this season? Its a real who's who of terrible choices.

Al Golden at Notre Dame

Manny at Penn St

Blake Baker at Missouri

Bonus question. Which LB unit will be the worst? Manny's, Golden's or D'Onofrio's (Wisconsin)?

Advertisement
Manny. The talent just isn't there and we know what happens to his D when the talent isn't there.

Pause?

Advertisement
Golden is running Freeman's D
Manny is running his D
Baker was running Manny's D

Answer should be fairly obvious
Watch Al Golden have the greatest D in history, and we all try to figure out how the **** that happened.

I voted for Manny, but really, those three doing D things at any level is just hard to believe.

Advertisement
I appreciate your use of "doucher" in the thread title.

I'm not familiar with the talent/depth at any of those schools, assuming Golden didn't inherit an empty cupboard from their new HC, State Penn will suffer unless Manny walked into a stacked depth chart.

I didn't even know Baker ended up at Mizzou.

Hoping it's Manny so I can troll my State Penn friends.

It’s Manny’s & it’s not even close.

Mizzou actually has a really good Secondary & some good pass rushers, their Defense will be solid this year.

Penn ST gave up 426yds in game ONE vs Purdue, it’s only going to get worse as the season progresses.

Advertisement
I want to say Al Golden because f- Notre dame and f- Al Golden. But I’m pretty sure they’ve got some decent talent there still.

Manny will likely struggle with Penn State. They don’t have the guys up front for Manny’s defense to be successful

So everyone crucified Baker for UNC 4th and long conversion a few years back UNTIL FSU last year. Baker was torched for UNC's record breaking rushing day in '20, only to find Diaz's scheme was devoid of lane discipline. So for me, Baker's tbd.

Golden appears to be DC in name only.

Gotta go Diaz as the 'winner' for this one.

I want to say Al Golden because f- Notre dame and f- Al Golden. But I’m pretty sure they’ve got some decent talent there still.

Manny will likely struggle with Penn State. They don’t have the guys up front for Manny’s defense to be successful
I don’t think there’s a person on this site who hates Al Folden more than me & even I would say Touchdown Jesus’s Defense will be much better than PSU’s this year...

Freeman is still running the Defense at Notre Dame, it’s his system & he has final say so on personnel decisions.

Diaz Is running PSU’s Defense, he has total autonomy of his side of the ball because James Franklin has never been involved with the Defense of his teams, throughout his career he’s always been an Offensive guy & just let his DC’s run their side.

Advertisement
Which LB unit will be the worst? Manny's, Golden's or D'Onofrio's (Wisconsin)?

Letting D'Onforio make a comeback should embarrass Wisconsin fans. Manny as LB coach though...

Advertisement
Back