Which cat in our RB room is going to break out like this????

If he doesn't get injured in that NC game we win running away. If you watch the game, right before his injury, he was doing what he did best. Late game, worn out DL, Ripping off 8-11 yard runs. Ohio didn't have an answer. That game wouldn't have come down to a Porter flag. It would have been a beating.
Gore could have played! IIRC he was healthy for that game!

Advertisement
Willis is a one of one. My guy had a **** of a career after having the worst injury I'd seen to that point. I'd take Citizen over Young and Baxter I think he's a game changer. Baxter is a close second to me loved his tape. We'll see soon though
If we can flip baxter (not likely) and some how could pull young or Owens that would put us back to that 3-4-5 head monster backfield we had from 1998-2003. Were building the O-line and you have to think some sick rb's are going to take notice.

Citizen looks the part. Super excited about his future

Don’t want to be the lame *** saying this but just need to see it translate now to the field

Willis was a different breed though for sure
It tells u about how an elite recruiter at HC (who has seen elite with Butch and Saban) thinks of who is here. Dude brought in 2 backs fans love and they talking about a TF starting possibly. Thats crazy who we think are legit and who they think is legit. Shyts crazy

Willis is a one of one. My guy had a **** of a career after having the worst injury I'd seen to that point. I'd take Citizen over Young and Baxter I think he's a game changer. Baxter is a close second to me loved his tape. We'll see soon though
I would take Young over all but coming out I think Baxter and Young have a higher grade then Citizen coming out. I could be wrong

I would take Young over all but coming out I think Baxter and Young have a higher grade then Citizen coming out. I could be wrong

Let's be honest, running backs are important. Man they are important. But its the defense that actually wins titles. Look at UGA last year;)

Advertisement
Let's be honest, running backs are important. Man they are important. But its the defense that actually wins titles. Look at UGA last year;)
In CFB them monster rbs that got wheels are super important especially running behind a massive OL. pause. They come in handy vs the elite teams, the ACC we can eat up on the ground when the horses arrive but vs the big teams u need a difference maker back there. Pause again

And absolutely none of this matters until we get our OL right. We haven’t been able to run block for ****. That’s got to change or we waste all that RB talent.

In CFB them monster rbs that got wheels are super important especially running behind a massive OL. pause. They come in handy vs the elite teams, the ACC we can eat up on the ground when the horses arrive but vs the big teams u need a difference maker back there. Pause again
If you are saying that the d don't win titles, I mean you of all people . . . :)

No one this year BUT maybe next year with #4 CJ Baxter if he has a change of heart & signs with THE 🙌🏽

Advertisement
I will say these backs have a bit of a blank slate with me

I liked Lashlee but I didn’t see a lot of help for the backs like we will see with Gattis

Granted Lashlee didn’t have the stable we have this year to work with, but there’s a lot of potential there
He had a few top 10 backs. He just lined up and gave it up the middle on every first down lol. Other teams would call out the plays before they happened! Horrendous!!

Advertisement
Here I’am trying to answer this question which isn’t easy each one brings will be special.
They all know when there number is called it’s there time to explode in the opportunity.
I’m really excited for Parrish since he’s been in the desert of wrong places and now he’s off the charts happy.
Please I’m not taking anything away from our stud RB group at all.

Parrish has suffered life choices and persevered and is training like every second his opportunity will disappear, a TREMENDOUS mindset to have.

Parrish second chance will be his best and he wants to GIVE BACK TO US all his love an thanksgiving to be here.

Watch his passion unfold

GOCANES

I don’t need any of our backs to be the next Willis; we just need them to be the next best version of themselves. I want to start a new legacy of RBU, & hoping it starts w/ this group. Why can’t we be like UNC & have two RBs drafted highly in the same draft? Need us to go from James Jackson, to Portis, to McGahee, to Gore/Payton. We’ve been hit or miss since. We need that revolving gun chamber of RB talent.
Payton was pretty good here. Mike James as well I believe. Don’t slam me if they weren’t I’m going off of memories from about 13 years old lol.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jaylan Knighton will be fun to watch ... versatile ... and Citizen for sure. Willis was a genuine freak of nature ... genetically. When he was injured in the bowl game with that horrific knee injury I thought he was done. I had shoulder surgery (Labrum) in January and was at Doctor's Hospital Rehab in Coral Gables ... turned out that McGahee was also using their rehab. The rehab techs said they were TOTALLY blown away by McGAhee's recovery ... it was unprecedented. The big recovery issue is getting rid of scar tissue and in a reconstruction as extensive as he had it is generally a long, slow and incomplete process. Not in his case ... they said he literally almost HAD NO scar tissue. His incisions simply healed incredibly clean. That enabled him to progress significantly quicker than projected and still get drafted in the first round. Amazing talent and just an incredible physical specimen. Was amazing to watch.

Citizen is the only possible one cause we know what the others are. Not in a bad way. They’re just known commodities. And thad is a hammer. Not a Willis type

Advertisement
Back