Where's Robert Lockhart??

jmbflame21

Junior
At the beginning of camp, people were raving about him and he was making tons of plays. I havent heard a word about him in weeks it seems like and he isnt even listed on the depth chart.. What's going on with him?

Advertisement
The impression I got from Golden (in an interview shortly before the first scrimmage when around 15 players caught passes, but Lockhart caught none) was that the staff didn't think he was studying the playbook hard enough. My guess at the time was that Lockhart not catching any balls in the scrimmage was a message from the staff. Lockhart hasn't appeared on the depth chart since then either. I actually got the same feeling from Golden about Jawand Blue, and he has sort of disappeared also.

In a recent interview(if I´m not wrong, after the first scrimmage), Golden praised Robert´s talent, said he was more fast than they thought, but that he needed to improve in the "process" area. Golden even said the coaches would develop this part of Roberts game.

So, I think Golden is just following his guideline... young man will be good, just need to learn the constant approach in preparation.

its about consistency while constantly improving. that's where the grind part of things comes in. young guys hit that wall more often than not - have to be focused while your body takes a beating against people that are bigger than they are used to.

Another Where'e Waldo candidate is Dwayne Hoilett. I thought it sounded like he was performing well early on but haven't heard much at all about him for a long while.

Advertisement
Anyone who is in their first year here is a possible redshirt. It's still early and with the way things go with injuries and whatnot, he'll probably get his shot at some point this season. He just needs to keep working on his game and learning the offense so he can be ready when the opportunity presents itself.

No way he sits this year (unless hes injured). We need him to get some burn to start developing for next year, whee we'll need major production from the group that came in this year.

No way he sits this year (unless hes injured). We need him to get some burn to start developing for next year, whee we'll need major production from the group that came in this year.

yeah especially considering he did the prep route to get here. just not ready right now. doesn't mean 4 games into things he won't be contributing heavily.

can remember Kahlil Jones starting at WR to open a season and even starting most of the season. while the starter he wasn't getting the majority of the snaps. could end up like that. Thompkins and Davon Johnson probably are being given that last chance to show and prove - at least until the young guys truly learn the playbook and what's expected of them as all around WRs and not just catching the ball.

Advertisement
We brought in a lot of freshmen, fans should not expect to hear something about each and every one of them on a weekly basis.

Advertisement
Back