Where will we be ranked on Tuesday

They’ve been waiting to shove Oregon into the top 10 all year.They could have beaten IMG in Ozt and they’d ranked them.

gonna be interesting to see how the committee weighs number of games played.the way CFB is lately no matter who you play its a chance for a loss so how do you give a team like Oregon an advantage of only playing 5-6 games and going undefeated against mediocre competition in the PAC 10 against a team like Miami that plays 11 games with only a loss to the top team at the time ,giving them 5-6 more chances for a loss.

will be interesting to say the least.

Advertisement
I’d like to think we’d stay in the top ten I just think this committee will place us down a little shoving Northwestern,Oregon,Wisconsin ahead of us.

I guess it really doesn’t matter until the end but for appearance sake I hope I’m wrong.
Not Wisconsin ... won't happen.

Who gives a ****?

We're not one of the teams that ESPN designates to be the best.

Or have you not noticed that ESPN runs the sport now, and are under the illusion that it's a level playing field where results actually matter?
ESPN would like nothing more than a relevant Miami challenging for a playoff spot. Miami gets ratings and that’s all they care about. It’s fun to think that everybody hates um, but at the end of the day it’s business and Miami is good for business.

at this point it doesn't matter. we need to win out, win our bowl game (unlikely we get in the acccg) and end up with an 11-1 record and probably a top 5 end of year ranking. this will ensure that we will hold onto our 2020 commits , which means building a program.
super troopers yes GIF by Fox Searchlight

Advertisement
In BYU defense, they had a **** of a schedule before the pandemic.

Uhhhhh what? Utah, ASU, Michigan State, Minnesota, Utah State, Houston, San Diego State......that's a **** of a schedule? Even if they played that and went 7-0 that would still be a very underwhelming resume.

I see at least 6 -7 teams below us whom can beat us and 3-4 has possible legitimate chances out of the TOP 25.

Northwestern is the most physical nasty smash mouth defense in college football

I’m saying this with what we see on the field with Canes vs other teams

Northwestern is good and disciplined, bc Fitzgerald is a top 10 coach in America. But they don’t have the horses to be elite. It’s one thing to shut down Wisconsin. If you watched that game, you saw Wisconsin running a less imaginative offense than Richt ran here. They’ll likely win most of their games and then get ran out of the building by OSU

Advertisement
Uhhhhh what? Utah, ASU, Michigan State, Minnesota, Utah State, Houston, San Diego State......that's a **** of a schedule? Even if they played that and went 7-0 that would still be a very underwhelming resume.
Not for a Group of five team. You acted like BYU is loaded with four and five star talent. That's a good schedule for them.
On the flipside, our pre-pandemic schedule was considered a cupcake due to our talent level. Many of us projected to win at least 10 games.

Last edited:
Here is my top 25 list:

1. Bama
2. ND
3. OSU
4. Clemson
5. TA&M
6. UF
7. Cincy
8. Miami
9. UGA
10. Oregon
11. Indiana
12. BYU
13. Northwestern
14. OKLA
15. Coastal Carolina
16. ISU
17. Marshall
18. Wisconsin
19. USC
20. Texas
21. Auburn
22. OKST
23. Louisiana
24. UNC
25. Tulsa

1. Bama
2. OSU
3. TXA&M
4. UF
5. Clemson
6. Indiana
7. Northwestern
8. UGA
9. Miami
10. Oregon
11. USC
12. Independent Indiana Team
13. Cincy
14. BYU
15. OKLA

Advertisement
247 thinks we start off at 11. Interesting though, they think Northwestern will start the CFP rankings at 8 and Indiana at 10

Why is everyone so high on Texas A&M? They are 5-1 but look at who they beat

W 0-7 Vanderbilt 17-12
L 7-0 Alabama 52-24
W 6-1 Florida 41-38
W 2-5 Miss St 28-14
W 3-5 Arkansas 42-31
W 2-6 South Car 48-3

Record of teams played 20-24
Points scored for and against 200-150
33.3 and 25 avg per game
Removing Blowout win and Loss
128 for and 95 against
32 and 23.75 avg points per game.

Why is everyone so high on Texas A&M? They are 5-1 but look at who they beat

W 0-7 Vanderbilt 17-12
L 7-0 Alabama 52-24
W 6-1 Florida 41-38
W 2-5 Miss St 28-14
W 3-5 Arkansas 42-31
W 2-6 South Car 48-3

Record of teams played 20-24
Points scored for and against 200-150
33.3 and 25 avg per game
Removing Blowout win and Loss
128 for and 95 against
32 and 23.75 avg points per game.
Because they beat UF and the teams they supposed to beat. It's an easy formula, win the games you supposed to and rest will take care of itself.

Advertisement
My Rankings:

1. Bama
2. Clemson
3. ND
4. tOSU
5. Texas A&M
6. UF
7. Miami
8. Northwestern
9. Indiana
10. Oregon