Where to get our next punter

kendallcanes

Junior
More of an FYI than an actual discussion of our current punting situation.

Nathan Chapman’s proteges have now won the last five Ray Guy awards, the annual prize for the best punter in college football, and more than 70 US colleges have Australian punters in their squads.

The 2016 Ray Guy Finalists Were All PROKICK AUSTRALIANS.

Prokick Australia

Melbourne.jpg

Advertisement
Ray Guy finalists lol. At this point, I'm just looking for someone who can kick it over 30 yards on a semi-regular basis.

I was at the ACCCG and during pre-game warmups and before the second half started, our backup consistently punted the ball better than Feagles. As in, almost every time. My buddies and I couldn't believe it. Something like 7 or 8 out of 10 the backup kicked it higher and farther.

I have never truly been nervous every time a punter takes the field like I was with Feagles.

So to answer the question of the OP: anyone from anywhere.

Advertisement
Ray Guy finalists lol. At this point, I'm just looking for someone who can kick it over 30 yards on a semi-regular basis.

I was at the ACCCG and during pre-game warmups and before the second half started, our backup consistently punted the ball better than Feagles. As in, almost every time. My buddies and I couldn't believe it. Something like 7 or 8 out of 10 the backup kicked it higher and farther.

Did Feagles get a case of the yips?
Can it be corrected with coaching?

If we can't answer those questions we need to be looking under every rock for a better option.

Advertisement
Advertisement
We definitely need someone because Feagles the younger clearly didn't get it done.

Hopefully Richt isn't picking some players because they're legacies.

I can't remember the last bad punter we had at Miami - maybe Crissy or something like that - don't quite remember his name - and that was about 25 years ago.

At this point Golden has a better track record with punters than Richt has. One of the few things Golden did well, actually - especially the Irish kid who was a grad transfer.

Nathan Chapman’s proteges have now won the last five Ray Guy awards, the annual prize for the best punter in college football, and more than 70 US colleges have Australian punters in their squads.

Prokick Australia

View attachment 56582

These aren't just typical Australians. These are former Professional AFL and VFL (Australian Rules Football) players that have been kicking and punting since they were 5 years old. They can punt on the run and even run for first downs. They are mature (usually 21+ years of age) and have professional sport experience. Plus, they all come from this elite camp. The results don't lie.

It can't be that hard to recruit one of these guys to sunny Miami to get a $50,000 a year USA education over schools like Utah, Pitt, or UNC. Even a JAG there gotta be better than Feagles 2017.

Advertisement

Prokick Australia

View attachment 56582
Jey2 it worked for the nasketball Canes, why not?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

backup not in game time conditions with opposing players coming at you trying to block punt or possibly accidentally destroy you. Stupid post by you.

backup not in game time conditions with opposing players coming at you trying to block punt or possibly accidentally destroy you. Stupid post by you.

That's a good point Feagles really shines when the lights are on. Great post by you!

That's a good point Feagles really shines when the lights are on. Great post by you!

Lol beat me to it

Advertisement
Back