Where to find a QB (A Living Thread)

Would you put any of the top 15 in this class over any of the top 15 from the past few years? Outside of Howell and Rattler I don’t see it.

DTR was overrated, imo, from 18. I also thought JT Daniels was overrated from seeing him in person, twice. But overall, I really like the class of 18, and I can tell u that point is moot b/c I’m not arguing which class is better.

I said even if this is considered a weak class, this staph zero’d in on the wrong guy and we should’ve kept options opened.

Personally, I liked what I saw from Hilinski, Rattler, Mertz, and Gunnell.

Advertisement
Travis Mumphrey Jr. 6-0 186 (Currently Committed to UNLV)

Could not find stats from this year but in previous years his INT stats were low.

Strengths

-Dime Dropper. The passes on his tape show a kid who knows where to put the ball. He gives his WR's the opportunity to shield themselves from the defender and make a play on the ball. He can throw the ball high and outside, or just over defenders head, touch and power is all there; point being, these passes give his receivers the chance to make a play after the catch.

-On The Run/Accuracy. If you only watch one play on his highlight, go to 50 seconds and let your jaw drop. The ability of Mumphrey to elude pressure, find safety, and deliver is almost second nature. I know its only a few minutes of tape to go off of, but from those few minutes you see a player who can make plays on the run. He doesn't get the "deer in headlights" look that we have seen by someone of our most recent QBs. He makes bigger things happen because he is able to feel the heat, move, and then use his accuracy to find someone open/throw them open. He looks incredibly accurate while not even having his feet set.

Weaknesses

-Size. I have seen him listed at 6-0 and 6-2. On tape he looks closer to the first measurement. We have seen smallish QBs be successful, just look at Kyler, Baker, etc. It would be interesting to see him navigate behind our OL, which has had protection troubles, but also because of the size of our line.

-Types Of Throws. There is a lack of short to intermediate outside the hash completions on his tape. From what we have seen in our offense, we throw a lot of passes to these areas. Mumphrey does well delivering over the middle and downfield, but can he keep the same success for those routes? These are sometimes the hardest throws for QBs to make. I would like to see him throw more to those areas.

(His coach says he is fully qualified and can be an EE. Travis says he is Solid to UNLV and plans to sign this month, but you never know what a bigger offer could do. Not a lot of time, but an interesting prospect for sure.)

Will this class produce anything better than Nkosi? Because we hold him in high regards, had record breaking stats against better than others competition and he was ranked only 15th at his position, 7th dual. Thats why its chitty, not because there wont be a couple hidden gems, but because its pretty much Rattler, Howell, and a bunch of MAC qbs.

And its not really a scramble its more of a numbers thing. I dont think they are high on any QBs this year.

I don't think they know how to evaluate qbs at even an jed fisch level so don't really care who they are high on.

I don't think they know how to evaluate qbs at even an jed fisch level so don't really care who they are high on.
I’m not talking about the coaches, I’m talking about all the recruiting agencies who we use for rankings.

DTR was overrated, imo, from 18. I also thought JT Daniels was overrated from seeing him in person, twice. But overall, I really like the class of 18, and I can tell u that point is moot b/c I’m not arguing which class is better.

I said even if this is considered a weak class, this staph zero’d in on the wrong guy and we should’ve kept options opened.

Personally, I liked what I saw from Hilinski, Rattler, Mertz, and Gunnell.
Sounds like we agree that this is the least talented class in a while.

Advertisement
Watch us not get any QB and lose one to transfer lol

Dear God I hope I'm wrong there lol how badly do I want Richt Jr to prove me wrong!!!

Advertisement
Back