Where is everyone located?

Advertisement
Born and raised in boca played football in Orlando but both parents from coral gables in the 60s and one moved back to south Miami so between coral gables and boca

Advertisement
Not sure this has been asked probably has but we can update hopefully , just to see how we are spread out from THE U yet keep fires burning from afar.

Myself, Miller Road Miami a mile away or so from home base THE U.

GOCANES
Greater Nashville area.

The story on how I became a Miami fan isn't as interesting as my Uncle's.

Growing up he and my other uncle were die hard Dolphins fans. Absolutely loved Marino. For Christmas one year, they told their Mom (my Grandmother) that all they wanted was Miami apparel.

Bright eyed and eager to get their hands on their new Dan Marino jersey, they simultaneously opened gift after gift— becoming more disgruntled with each unveiling—comprised of nothing but Miami HURRICANES related clothing and accessories.

In an attempt to stay positive and not hurt their Mother's feelings, they decided they would give college football, and the Miami Hurricanes a chance.

They were hooked. They became 'he' around 2005, when one of my uncles grew less and less interested the more clear it became that Miami was on a decline. Then marriage sealed the deal.

My other Uncle—who gets all the credit for making me a fan— have watched every game together, dating back to the 27-24 win against FSU in 2000. (I was 9)

To this day, he still wonders if the innocent mistake his Mom made Christmas shopping was a blessing, or a curse. A feeling all of us Miami fans more than likely quibble with from time to time.

I'm just glad I'm not a Vol 🤮

Born and raised in Ocala, graduated from Vanguard High school class of 2000. Father and his side of the family born and raised in Kendall.

Advertisement
I remember pizza patio. Thin pizza with pepperoncini on the side.i used to go there with the family as a kid. Now it is a wendys

Advertisement
Greater Nashville area.

The story on how I became a Miami fan isn't as interesting as my Uncle's.

Growing up he and my other uncle were die hard Dolphins fans. Absolutely loved Marino. For Christmas one year, they told their Mom (my Grandmother) that all they wanted was Miami apparel.

Bright eyed and eager to get their hands on their new Dan Marino jersey, they simultaneously opened gift after gift— becoming more disgruntled with each unveiling—comprised of nothing but Miami HURRICANES related clothing and accessories.

In an attempt to stay positive and not hurt their Mother's feelings, they decided they would give college football, and the Miami Hurricanes a chance.

They were hooked. They became 'he' around 2005, when one of my uncles grew less and less interested the more clear it became that Miami was on a decline. Then marriage sealed the deal.

My other Uncle—who gets all the credit for making me a fan— have watched every game together, dating back to the 27-24 win against FSU in 2000. (I was 9)

To this day, he still wonders if the innocent mistake his Mom made Christmas shopping was a blessing, or a curse. A feeling all of us Miami fans more than likely quibble with from time to time.

I'm just glad I'm not a Vol 🤮
Nice story Tyler... God bless your grandmother, she made the right choice, the U is the real Miami team.
Attended the 1986 Sugar Bowl, Vols 35-Canes 7... returned to the hotel (Hilton on the river) and I decided to walk to Bourbon St. and drown my sorrow. On the way met some Vol fans who consoled me and invited me for drinks. The majority of the Vols on B street would pat me on the back and tried to cheer me up. Dude... for me these people are a class act. Be a Cane but give them a chance too... you don't have to worry about TN being on our schedule, and you can cheer your *** off when they play Gators and the red Tide, LOL

Go Canes

Born/Raised in Panama City, FL
Live in Jacksonville, FL
I grew up about and hour away from PC, and actually lived there for a year. I now live in Jacksonville as well. I was just back in PC about 2 weeks ago. I went to Angelo's Steak Pit, 3 of the 5 nights that I was there. Lol.

BTW, the owner's son, who currently serves as the CEO of the restaurant and family estate, is a huge Miami fan. I found that out while I was there during this past visit.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back