Where Is Cam Williams?

If Williams doesn’t qualify, next year we’ll be back in the portal, again.

I thought we needed 3 DE recruits plus a GT. We lose Hill, Patchan, and Garvin (in all likelihood).

Need Phillips badly for 2020.

Advertisement
Matthew:

Image result for what would you say you do here

That's insane, I would think he would have to enroll
Nope. That was a key change a year ago to reduce the oversigning phenomena. LOIs count for initial counters whether a kid enrolls or not. I think if you release him and he agrees to be released (or signs another LOI) it doesn’t count - so Munoz wouldn’t be an initial counter.

Point being, you have to be very careful with kids who may not qualify. They’re better gotten from the transfer market later on.

Why release him? He's signed already, it's up to him to make the great...If he can't, then hello juice.

Advertisement
Nope. That was a key change a year ago to reduce the oversigning phenomena. LOIs count for initial counters whether a kid enrolls or not. I think if you release him and he agrees to be released (or signs another LOI) it doesn’t count - so Munoz wouldn’t be an initial counter.

Point being, you have to be very careful with kids who may not qualify. They’re better gotten from the transfer market later on.
That's crazy, the Munoz situation makes sense but that's rare. I'm very surprised because that means kids that are questionable academically won't be given many chances. What about kids like the #3 RB that signed with Ole Miss? He's a possible 1st round pick for baseball, he just doesn't know yet and said, if so, he wants to play baseball. Or like Weinke at FSU, signed but left to play baseball and came back 6 years later. So they will count against the school, even if they never start class? Why were they worried about oversigning? I would assume the kid would just go juco and then the scholly would be released.

That's crazy, the Munoz situation makes sense but that's rare. I'm very surprised because that means kids that are questionable academically won't be given many chances. What about kids like the #3 RB that signed with Ole Miss? He's a possible 1st round pick for baseball, he just doesn't know yet and said, if so, he wants to play baseball. Or like Weinke at FSU, signed but left to play baseball and came back 6 years later. So they will count against the school, even if they never start class? Why were they worried about oversigning? I would assume the kid would just go juco and then the scholly would be released.
The change was a reaction to schools oversigning then ******** kids over and making them greyshirt. Point being there is now a ‘cost’ to doing that for a school. It costs them an initial counter where it didnt used to.

It makes sense in a way but like you say, it means marginal academic kids will have fewer opportunities. The easiest thing for them to do is wait to sign until they’re qualified. Schools usually have a spot saved for such kids. But the top schools may just move on. So kids whose academics are a mess may have to trade down a level or go juco.

Advertisement
The change was a reaction to schools oversigning then ******** kids over and making them greyshirt. Point being there is now a ‘cost’ to doing that for a school. It costs them an initial counter where it didnt used to.

It makes sense in a way but like you say, it means marginal academic kids will have fewer opportunities. The easiest thing for them to do is wait to sign until they’re qualified. Schools usually have a spot saved for such kids. But the top schools may just move on. So kids whose academics are a mess may have to trade down a level or go juco.
Yeah I guess I see both sides like Alabama does, although some kids chose to do that, is even more crazy. That's tough though for the dual sport guys that don't know their status yet in the other sport. Especially if a school has limited room or position spots. Kinda like the panel said yesterday, with a talent like that RB you take the chance

Sucks for depth purposes but the rotation for 2019 should be Garvin, Hill, Patchan, Rousseau, Harvey, Joyner. Phillips will sit a year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back