Where do Mullen, Taggart rank among college football’s offensive masterminds?

Don’t agree at all. He was competitive at Mississippi State and developed two pretty solid QBs there too.

He’s an average 9 win coach at UF in the SEC Least.

That’s good enough for top 30

Again, you are arguing ridiculous points.

Dennis Erickson was an offensive guru before he got to Miami. Everywhere he went, he improved offensive production in far less than 5 years (i.e., bringing in his own recruits). Erickson brought a system that he could tailor to the particular players already on the roster, and then he achieved amazing turnarounds in a short period of time. Not once, not twice, but multiple times.

That is not "competitive" at Mississippi State.

That is not "developed two pretty solid QBs".

That is not giving a guy credit for wins he has not yet earned just because he is in the weaker division of the SEC.

Again, go back and read what I wrote. Mullet gets too much credit for things that are attributable to Tebow. Now, if he had gotten those same results out of a lesser QB, then you could argue that maybe it was the coaching or the system that made the difference.

Maybe Mullet would be a good position coach, but to argue that he is some offensive mastermind/guru (largely) because of what Tebow did is ridiculous.

Advertisement
Again, you are arguing ridiculous points.

Dennis Erickson was an offensive guru before he got to Miami. Everywhere he went, he improved offensive production in far less than 5 years (i.e., bringing in his own recruits). Erickson brought a system that he could tailor to the particular players already on the roster, and then he achieved amazing turnarounds in a short period of time. Not once, not twice, but multiple times.

That is not "competitive" at Mississippi State.

That is not "developed two pretty solid QBs".

That is not giving a guy credit for wins he has not yet earned just because he is in the weaker division of the SEC.

Again, go back and read what I wrote. Mullet gets too much credit for things that are attributable to Tebow. Now, if he had gotten those same results out of a lesser QB, then you could argue that maybe it was the coaching or the system that made the difference.

Maybe Mullet would be a good position coach, but to argue that he is some offensive mastermind/guru (largely) because of what Tebow did is ridiculous.

Wrong.

Why are you bringing up a coach that was top ten in his prime in a conversation whether Mullen should be higher than 46?

We all hate Florida. But you’re better than this @TheOriginalCane

You’re better than this

Advertisement
Back