Where are the Evan Shirreffs fans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIATL

Senior
All of y'all that act like I'm the a-hole for questioning if the kid is actually "good", or if he's just the best of the "bad back-ups" we have.

What did y'all see today that tells you the kid is a legit number 2 QB? Or, what was "young Ken Dorsey-ish" about him?

Y'all know who you are ... :11263323124_b207743

I'm guessing there will be very few responses to this thread ... Or, lots of excuse making ... Likely, both.

Advertisement
All of y'all that act like I'm the a-hole for questioning if the kid is actually "good", or if he's just the best of the "bad back-ups" we have.

What did y'all see today that tells you the kid is a legit number 2 QB? Or, what was "young Ken Dorsey-ish" about him?

Y'all know who you are ... :11263323124_b207743

I'm guessing there will be very few responses to this thread ... Or, lots of excuse making ... Likely, both.

:monkey-serious:

Who was he throwing to though? None of the backups didn't do anything after that first drive

Last edited:
You gotta be a hardcore cumbum to start this vomit after the refuse we trotted out there at the backup skill spots.

If you bothered to watch the game and weren't just whacking off to his bad stats so you could come on here and dribble your weak load all over the board you'd know that we had zero skill players on the 2nd and 3rd team. They were trotting out nothing but walkons, and all the backup QBs looked like trash as a result.

If you gleaned anything from the orange offense you're in dreamland.

Advertisement
Who washe throwing to though? None of the backups didn't anything after that first drive

Lol.

And the excuse making begins ...

Who's he been throwing to the last 2 springs, when all these reports about how good he looks have been mentioned??

Again, what talent was he throwing to last season? That's when the urban legend about how good the kid is supposed to be was started.

And since you're the smart guy, evidently the only cat on the board allowed to have an opinion ... Tell me about the non-statistic traits you saw today that were so impressive.

Give me your thoughts on his command of the huddle ... How were his drops, and his ball placements ... Was he making the right reads and progressions?

And the easier question. ... What made him better than Rosier?

Since the premise of my thread is: being good vs. being the best of a bad group ...

You gotta be a hardcore cumbum to start this vomit after the refuse we trotted out there at the backup skill spots.

If you bothered to watch the game and weren't just whacking off to his bad stats so you could come on here and dribble your weak load all over the board you'd know that we had zero skill players on the 2nd and 3rd team. They were trotting out nothing but walkons, and all the backup QBs looked like trash as a result.

Mind numbingly stupid post.

It's stupid for a number of reasons, but the mind numbing part is... I'm assuming you have been porsting on the board writing about how he isn't good. Then the spring game happens, he is splitting reps three ways, throwing to 5'10 kids named Allen and some other kid (#33) who is 5'7 tops. Then you start a thread, I guess to boast about how great your scouting skillz are.

Get a life.

You super fans that want to jump on the guy for a scrimmage are pathetic. Some of you are the same lot that ramble on about our lack of talent at WR, then trash the QB because he doesn't put up numbers in a scrimmage? Get a life.
Who was he throwing to though? None of the backups didn't anything after that first drive

Lol.

Who's he been throwing to the last 2 springs, when all these reports about how good he looks have been mentioned??

Advertisement
Again, what talent was he throwing to last season? That's when the urban legend about how good the kid is supposed to be was started.

And since you're the smart guy, evidently the only cat on the board allowed to have an opinion ... Tell me about the non-statistic traits you saw today that were so impressive.

Give me your thoughts on his command of the huddle ... How were his drops, and his ball placements ... Was he making the right reads and progressions?

Since the premise of my thread is: being good vs. being the best of a bad group ...

Brady, cager, Lewis, berrios were all second and 3rd team that's who they were throwing to last year... That's better than what we trotted out as the second team at skill positions due to inbalance in scholarship receivers...don't be naive

Mark Richt and Brad Kaaya seem to like him. You don't. We get it.

Advertisement
Thanks for taking the time to read and respond to my "mind-numbing" post.

You may also consider getting a life ...

But on topic:

I've, repeatedly, asked what is supposed to be so good about this kid that people are ok with him being the number 2 QB.

He didn't look any better than Rosier. In fact, he looked worse, IMO.

Objectively, let me know how the above statement is inaccurate.

Mind numbingly stupid post.

It's stupid for a number of reasons, but the mind numbing part is... I'm assuming you have been porsting on the board writing about how he isn't good. Then the spring game happens, he is splitting reps three ways, throwing to 5'10 kids named Allen and some other kid (#33) who is 5'7 tops. Then you start a thread, I guess to boast about how great your scouting skillz are.

Get a life.

I'm not the one being naive ...

Here's a hint:

He wasn't throwing to 2nd team guys last year. Rosier got ALL of the number 2 reps.

Brady, cager, Lewis, berrios were all second and 3rd team that's who they were throwing to last year... That's better than what we trotted out as the second team at skill positions due to inbalance in scholarship receivers...don't be naive

Let me know the next time Richt and/or Kaaya publicly state they don't like a kid on the roster.

Mark Richt and Brad Kaaya seem to like him. You don't. We get it.

Advertisement
Actually, I'm of the opinion that we lack talent at QB and WR, beyond the 1st team.

Some of y'all seem ok acknowledging that's the case at WR, but admitting that's the case at QB is somehow seen as being out of bounds.

You super fans that want to jump on the guy for a scrimmage are pathetic. Some of you are the same lot that ramble on about our lack of talent at WR, then trash the QB because he doesn't put up numbers in a scrimmage? Get a life.
Who was he throwing to though? None of the backups didn't anything after that first drive

Lol.

Didn't see the game and I havrnt seen him play for UM yet.
But I would guess that they will evaluate him on the totality of the spring and not just the spring game.
It would be asinine to come to a conclusion on any player based just on the spring game.
Hope that's not what the OP is doing here because it would asinine.

Who washe throwing to though? None of the backups didn't anything after that first drive

Lol.

You're trying so hard right now it's kind of sad. Let the battle for the #QB spot play out till fall and stop being a whiny *****.

I wouldn't draw any conclusions from a spring game. Our defense, except for the secondary, is ahead of the offense at this point. That's the way I expect it to be. I watched Shirreff's HS tape, and was extremely impressed. He's got a bright future, I think. Oh yes, I had no idea who those guys were who were in there with the second or third team offenses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back