When Miami smashes Clemson in the ACC Title Game...

Reasonable take. I’m a lot more confident in the Lashlee hire than the Enos hire. We know what we’re getting with Lashlee. With Enos, it was a mystery. He was immediately grilled by media about what type of offense he was going to run because fans have been beating the spread drum for a while and he said “spread coast”. It sounded great. But it was really just his outdated Arkansas playbook with a U sticker slapped on the cover. When they broke the huddle for that first play in Orlando and Jarren went under center, I knew we had been had.

Spread coast was the first sign

Advertisement
Meyer and Saban wake up in the a.m and collectively wipe their ***'s with Lispy....Ten million or not.....
Honestly, what would a Saban or Meyer have done any differently in Miami, under the same budgetary limits that Manny has? Perhaps they do wholesale defensive changes, but on offense can you say that after bringing in Lashley and King that either Saban or Meyer would have significantly improved on it? Their reputation probably gets them a few recruits that Manny could not get, but absent the immense enhanced recruiting budget a Saban or Meyer is not going to flip a long-committed, five star quarterback (if one still existed in Jan 2020) to join Miami to compete for the starting job.

I was as upset as anyone at the cratering of last season, but truthfully I can't think of much else that CMD could have done to attempt to reverse course. And I'll take that by far over a regime that refuses to make a single change.

Honestly, what would a Saban or Meyer have done any differently in Miami, under the same budgetary limits that Manny has? Perhaps they do wholesale defensive changes, but on offense can you say that after bringing in Lashley and King that either Saban or Meyer would have significantly improved on it? Their reputation probably gets them a few recruits that Manny could not get, but absent the immense enhanced recruiting budget a Saban or Meyer is not going to flip a long-committed, five star quarterback (if one still existed in Jan 2020) to join Miami to compete for the starting job.

I was as upset as anyone at the cratering of last season, but truthfully I can't think of much else that CMD could have done to attempt to reverse course. And I'll take that by far over a regime that refuses to make a single change.
Stop with the Budget stuff....Saban or Meyer win 10 games last yr....Saban and Meyer Win 11 in 2017.....Both of their Coaching Staffs would have been better....

I think that’s DTP’s point Orlando, given budgetary restraints would they have been able to hire significantly better staffs? That I don’t know, we’re talking speculatively but I’m more than pleased with the hiring of Lashlee, Justice, and Likens. Let’s see how the season unfolds before we assume things aren’t going to get better.

Advertisement
I get it, but I am truly excited for what CMD did this offseason to course correct. If you had plunked Saban, or Meyers (and did not give them ten million in enhanced recruiting to utilize), I don’t think that they would have done any better in fixing the problems. From my perspective, he appears to have maxed out what could realistically be done to set the stage for a turnaround.
As for Clemson, if we get there I would concede nothing to the Tigers.

I will say I do wish Diaz would succeed, because if he is racking up W's. Then that means we all have smiles on our faces as fans.

And it it does look like we can have a good team this year. However the season plays out with what's happened with Covid.

But, also this year is a year for him to prove that he does belong here and is not one of the continuous circle jerks that we've had for coaches these last nearly 20 years.

Advertisement
Back