WHEN IS ANTHONY JONES MAKING HIS ANNOUNCEMENT

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure when he's announcing.

I'd rather we offer Julius because Williams & Julius > Jones by himself since Phillips to FSU has been inevitable ever since they landed Cook. But maybe that's just me.

I'd rather we offer Julius because Williams & Julius > Jones by himself since Phillips to FSU has been inevitable ever since they landed Cook. But maybe that's just me.

Not just you. Golden may not get "it", but this year does he play the Jones/Phillips/SFL Pipeline game plus the Williams/Julius game?

Either way -- the answer is --- but Can he play DT?

Not just you. Golden may not get "it", but this year does he play the Jones/Phillips/SFL Pipeline game plus the Williams/Julius game?

Can he?

Advertisement

The Williams/Julius package deal should be a no-brainer, IMO. I'd take Julius over Jones regardless, but it should be an even easier decision since Phillips is FSU-bound. Williams & Julius > Jones without Phillips

It seems like Phillips feigned interest in UM to drum up suspense for an announcement that didn't have any (and still doesn't) and to get Jones a UM offer.

The Williams/Julius package deal should be a no-brainer, IMO. I'd take Julius over Jones regardless, but it should be an even easier decision since Phillips is FSU-bound. Williams & Julius > Jones without Phillips

It seems like Phillips feigned interest in UM to drum up suspense for an announcement that didn't have any (and still doesn't) and to get Jones a UM offer.

Take Williams/Julius and Jones if you like Jones or are doing it for the pipeline, but agreed - not for Phillips.

The "getting Jones an offer" is one of those ****** SFL high school failures that Miami is up against --- not just Golden, but since Shannon at least. Jones should have an offer or not based on the talent and an honest relationship with the high school coaches and have nothing to do with Phillips. ---- basically Miami should give him the benefit of the doubt if it is close or the HS coaches should say "coach, Phillips is playing the game here and not coming."

Jones is a gamebreaker, trust me and if the canes can't steal him from FIU. The Canes legacy is definitely over!!!

Advertisement
Jones is a gamebreaker, trust me and if the canes can't steal him from FIU. The Canes legacy is definitely over!!!

Does he have a non-Phillips related commitable offer? At what position?

I think DMoney has said Jones has a committable offer at WR regardless of where Phillips ends up.

That's why I'm comparing Julius directly to Jones and saying taking the former should be the no-brainer. Both play primarily RB in high school. Staff is recruiting Jones at WR, Julius wants to play WR. Adding Julius to the class likely locks up one of our few blue-chip commits (Williams), whereas Jones doesn't bring Phillips along with him. And both Williams & Julius would bring plenty of speed to an offense that needs more of it with Johnson and Dorsett heading to the pros.

Advertisement

Does he have a non-Phillips related commitable offer? At what position?

I think DMoney has said Jones has a committable offer at WR regardless of where Phillips ends up.

That's why I'm comparing Julius directly to Jones and saying taking the former should be the no-brainer. Both play primarily RB in high school. Staff is recruiting Jones at WR, Julius wants to play WR. Adding Julius to the class likely locks up one of our few blue-chip commits (Williams), whereas Jones doesn't bring Phillips along with him. And both Williams & Julius would bring plenty of speed to an offense that needs more of it with Johnson and Dorsett heading the pros.

Agreed. And we can bash the staff for losing a local to FIU. Everybody wins.

Is he better than Jalen Julius? He seems pretty tough...

I agree that its close, but if they are recruiting for a WR then I think you go with Jones. Other than a bunch of bubble screens I didn't see Julius run any other routes. Plus I don't know how good the quality of competition is that Julius plays against but I know for sure Jones has played against some of the best in the nation!!!

Advertisement
Back