When choosing team with higher ranking for the OB, what ranking is used?

troyskiles

[]_[] Forever
If none of the ACC teams are ranked in top 25, what ranking do they use that shows ranking from 26 to say 50?

Advertisement
I thought it had to be the highest ranked ACC team with Clemson probably going to the playoffs. I am not sure they can just pick anyone from the ACC can they, jackbenimble71?

I thought it had to be the highest ranked ACC team with Clemson probably going to the playoffs. I am not sure they can just pick anyone from the ACC can they, jackbenimble71?
You just said “if” no other acc team is ranked. If none is ranked, its the OB committee’s choice. We really need to hope for Pitt to win the coastal and both VT and UVA takes one more loss

Advertisement
I think if virginia wins the conference and is 9-3 or 8-4 and is ranked, the OB committee would still rather have miami but they would have to choose Virginia if Virginia is ranked in the CFB which they should be if they win the conference but my guess would be Notre Dame is who they would go with. if UGA doesn't win the SEC championship, they more than likely will go to the Orange Bowl. uga vs virginia just isn't a big matchup and they play each other to kick off next season at the Chick fi la Kickoff Classic in atlanta.

Advertisement
they don't. bowl committee can pick whoever based on what conferences are allowed to the specific bowl.. ACC/notre dame vs SEC

I think ND can only be the opponent, not the ACC rep.

Advertisement
Back