Whats up with VT, they legit?

skyman

Senior
I know we are in fsu after glow and looking ahead to Clemson but Vt was missing 20+ players, 4 coaches including their DC. Starting qb was out, backup got injured in first half and they still beat NCST convincingly 45-24 (how bad is NCST). I see they are scheduled to play UNC this week also, so we will know more about both but ACC seems to be rounding out, Clemson at the top and we are gunning but rest of league seems to be ND, Pitt, Unc, and VT?

Advertisement
Well know more after this week. After Clemson, VT and UNC are our toughest games. Have a feeling the UNC game for us at the end will be a play-in game for the Acc champ

Well know more after this week. After Clemson, VT and UNC are our toughest games. Have a feeling the UNC game for us at the end will be a play-in game for the Acc champ
I think Pitt a week after Clemson regardless of outcome has trap game all over it, they are a tough out it seems, strong defense. If there is a team that benefited from schedule redo its UNC, got Auburn and UCF off schedule, avoid Clemson, etc. They get ND and Miami to end season back 2 back tho.

VT gets Duke this week and will throttle them. Then it's at UNC, vs a 2-0 BC team, @ Wake, and @ Louisville. We'll know what they've got before we head to Blacksburg.

Advertisement
Pump the brakes. We need to see whether or not NC State just has an historically bad team this year.

Advertisement
I think this is one of those years we are going to see weird shlt happen.

We will only know about VT after a few games have been played. Yes, they were down 20 players, but this could’ve also been some sort of fluke as well. Or maybe NC State just sucks balls. Or maybe both teams are really bad. Or maybe both teams are just average. Who knows.

I’m not taking anything away from this game at all - for either team.

Like I said, we won’t know any of these things until a few more games have been played.

Advertisement
Duke destroyed us last year. How you feel about that matchup this year?

Y'all have GOT to stop with this "last year" nonsense. You know what last year means? For every team? NOTHING.
Oh I remember. I’m just using it to point out that tech is super inconsistent

NC State is awful. Both QBs stink.

Va Tech threw only 17 passes between their two QBs. Ran the ball. Sounds like they used everyone on the sidelines for defense and that seemed to work out for them. Hooker was out for non COVID medical issue. Expected back this weekend.

Advertisement
I watched the condensed game cause the highlights dont tell you much about the flow of a game. Here's my take away.

NC State is *** cheeks. Their LBs make ours look like the bermuda triangle.

Bailey Hockman couldn't beat out James Blackman and it shows

Braxton Burmeister = Tate Martell they might as well just run the triple option when he is in the game

Herbert is a player. Kid can move and is stout. The VT run game will test us if we don't improve against the run. They have a big TE who isn't bad, I don't know his name but he will surface again. He caught a lazy lob TD. I don't think I saw a VT QB make one good throw the whole game.

VT's defense had a couple easy INTs off horrid throws by Hockman. They look solid but I wasn't that impressed by them

It is sad to see what the VT special teams have become since Beamer left.

Advertisement
Back