What's up with John Campbell?

Each of the past two Springs, John Campbell was identified by the coaches as a kid who was emerging as a projected solid starter. He leap-frogged Herbert and Hillery, ended up starting multiple games. And every time he crashed and burned.

Now, in his 4th year at a time when you'd expect he'd really step up his game, I've heard ZERO about him. Not even an injury report. So I'm guessing he's just been written off like the other two, along with Cleveland Reed?

Starters: Nelson, Clark/Rivers, Gaynor, Donaldson, Williams
First In: Clark/Rivers, Scaife, Traore
Developmental: Washington, Walker, True Freshmen

JAG Alert: Reed (what a waste), Herbert, Hillery, ElGammal (if he returns) ... and now J Campbell ?
You can add Traore to your JAG Alert list.

Advertisement
Oke, I herd you had a serpent slither out da swamp and up in yo crib today. Who the snake wrangler you got to get that critter?
Son dat wuz a black mamba! I had dat boy Johnny - you know ole Johnny - come run it cross da creek. However if he comes back I will consider our treaty broken and we will no longer live in peace like the deer and the buffalo .

Advertisement
I talked to Ole Johnny tonight. Wern’t no black mamba. He said it was a mock-a-sin and da biggest one he seen in years at dat. Said you was into Granny Hawkins mash and kept yelling bout mambas.
Sun it wuznt granny hawkins mash it wuz her poultice! Quote me on dat!

Advertisement
Back