What's up with John Campbell?

monday night raw yes GIF by WWE
Great gif. Makes me wanna walk with ya.
See what I did there?

Advertisement
My philosophy is that you win football games from the inside out. I hope Donaldson and Rivers are the answer at G... but that's all it is... hope. We haven't seen **** from them yet.

Gaynor, I just don't see it. Bottom line, I don't trust him to line up toe-to-toe against Alabama and knock a guy back. And I wonder if the reason they're playing him is the old veteran trap, where they feel like they have to play the older, experienced guy.

But anyway, if I had to pick one position group that worries me the most going in to next season, it's gotta be the interior line.

I've never been a believer in the brainy, undersized center, or the whole idea that the guards can make up for the center's lack of athleticism. I want three beasts in the middle who can move people. If you can run the ball up the middle with consistency, you can do anything you want on offense.

Then you’re confused or not paying attention. This was the comment I responded to:

The question you should be asking is why he was so hyped by our fans, not why he hasn’t lived up to the hype. He was rated the 481st best prospect in the country coming out of HS on 247, and wasn’t rated nationally at all on Rivals. He hasn’t done anything to justify any hype. Yet coming out of spring we hear all this hype. Which doesn’t turn out to be right when fall rolls around. Oh, and notice that we’ve heard absurd hype for 20 years that almost always turns out to be over-inflated. Not just re Campbell, but re everyone.

So you can blame Campbell, but it seems obvious the problem lies elsewhere.
The problem is the fans seemingly can’t distinguish from coach speak and reality...it’s happening again this off szn with the WR room. Tyrique is expected to be Neon Deon..but for me until this verified with at least a spring game..I don’t believe the hype. Every coach does it aside from Saban. Our fans just tend to run with it..now as for campbell, he has tools. Need a to improve technique. From what I’ve seen he’s a high effort guy, moves well and has a mean streak..now Zion is projected 1 rd in early draft mocks. So no surprise he’s 2nd on the chart rn

Advertisement
My philosophy is that you win football games from the inside out. I hope Donaldson and Rivers are the answer at G... but that's all it is... hope. We haven't seen **** from them yet.

Gaynor, I just don't see it. Bottom line, I don't trust him to line up toe-to-toe against Alabama and knock a guy back. And I wonder if the reason they're playing him is the old veteran trap, where they feel like they have to play the older, experienced guy.

But anyway, if I had to pick one position group that worries me the most going in to next season, it's gotta be the interior line.

I've never been a believer in the brainy, undersized center, or the whole idea that the guards can make up for the center's lack of athleticism. I want three beasts in the middle who can move people. If you can run the ball up the middle with consistency, you can do anything you want on offense.
Leadership matters..there’s a lot that goes into why a player starts. Especially on the oline..gaynor clearly is the leader among that group..his backup has been Reed, Clark and Rodriguez is next inline

The problem is the fans seemingly can’t distinguish from coach speak and reality...it’s happening again this off szn with the WR room. Tyrique is expected to be Neon Deon..but for me until this verified with at least a spring game..I don’t believe the hype. Every coach does it aside from Saban. Our fans just tend to run with it..now as for campbell, he has tools. Need a to improve technique. From what I’ve seen he’s a high effort guy, moves well and has a mean streak..now Zion is projected 1 rd in early draft mocks. So no surprise he’s 2nd on the chart rn
That’s exactly what I’m saying. Don’t. Believe. The. Hype. The issue isn’t Campbell underperforming - he’s just a decent prospect we signed who no one should be expecting heroics from. The issue is: Don’t. Believe. The. Hype.

I don't know about hype - I saw him get abused at tackle 2 years ago, but that same season he moved some folks when he was put inside. And that's exactly what we've been lacking.
Then Justise comes in and declares Campbell to be his left tackle (laughable), and predictably he falls on his face because he can't move his feet. Yet because of his measurables the OL coach is determined to keep him at tackle (seemingly). I don't know whether he'd be 'good' at guard, but I'm pretty confident he'll never protect the edge at tackle AND he may provide the push we've lacked forever at guard. Damnit, just move him inside and see what happens.

Advertisement
I don't know about hype - I saw him get abused at tackle 2 years ago, but that same season he moved some folks when he was put inside. And that's exactly what we've been lacking.
Then Justise comes in and declares Campbell to be his left tackle (laughable), and predictably he falls on his face because he can't move his feet. Yet because of his measurables the OL coach is determined to keep him at tackle (seemingly). I don't know whether he'd be 'good' at guard, but I'm pretty confident he'll never protect the edge at tackle AND he may provide the push we've lacked forever at guard. Damnit, just move him inside and see what happens.

Right on. Campbell is way better at G. And Scaife is way better at T. So obvious.

I drove by the Okefenoke swamp yesterday but didn’t have time to go by your cabin to see if you was there. You probably out checking on gators now they moving around again.
Dam son all you had to do was fire 2 shots and I woulda turned da airboat around and headed back. Gators is movin a lot now. One of da some bits almost got my dog JB, but ole JB tore dat *** up boy.

Advertisement

Do not forget David Andrews undrafted 6’2 295 starting center for the Patriots in 3 Super Bowls and a captain of the team..you not play for Brady or Belichick if you can’t handle the job...and you know there are hawgs that line up across him...did not play because of lung issues last year but just resigned him for 4 more years.

Advertisement
Coyotes that bad up there?

Knocking off some hogs with a thermal scope is on my bucket list. Won’t be long now.
I had a friend who went deer hunting in TX camping in the outback this season. He brought down a 600lb boar he was convinced was hunting him. Those wild ones are nasty AF.

Okee, Alabama is allowing night time hunting of coyotes and hogs with a new license that costs just $15!
See this is what separates Saban from all other coaches. While most coaches are hesitant to embarrass their opponents by running up the score, not only does it not faze him but he gets the State government to legalize hunting the demoralized opponents fan base to really crush their spirits. GOAT!

Advertisement
Back