What's the deal with Jedd Fisch?

CanesAreAble

All-ACC
Despite not being equipped for it, we made a concerted effort to pound the ball out of the pro set.

This year we have a physical o-line and THREE good RBs and we've decided to play like the New England Patriots.

I understand that we wanted to get more plays this year because we played so slow last year, but if there was ever a game where we needed to bleed the clock, it was last night.

Did we EVER call two running plays in a row?

Why are we running throwbacks to a QB on a bad wheel?

Why are we throwing fades to the boundary on 3rd and 2 with a QB who's proven countless times he sucks at throwing touch routes.

Fisch was very promising last year. I have no idea what's going on now. I don't know if THIS is the offense he truly wants to run, and he thinks he has the QB to do it (he doesn't), but we have to make some kind of effort to establish a running game.

Last night, there was nothing wrong with playing slow, and getting to a manageable 3rd and 5 or 6. Morris should've never thrown 48 times or whatever he did.

Two things give me hope about Fisch and the offense:

1. Baby Jesus arrives next year. He'll redshirt, and hopefully he'll be ready to take over in 2014.
2. We're prioritizing the TE position. Hopefully that means we'd like to be a more physical pro style team, but we can't right now because our current TEs aren't good at blocking or running routes (my only reservation about this theory is we at least tried to be physical with Chase Ford).

Advertisement
I think the idea that the oline is big and physical and would provide a good running game is false. We've been shut down in most games this year.

I think the idea that the oline is big and physical and would provide a good running game is false. We've been shut down in most games this year.

We're not even trying to run the ball. If we don't rip off a 7-yard run, we give up.

We actually tried to establish the run last year. This year? Not so much.

I'm sorry but I don't see anything wrong with the play calling, but I see a lot of problems with execution though.

Advertisement
3 and outs all day with this guy.

We routinely lose the first two downs and are faced with 3rd and longs. The formula is usually a Morris short route pounded into the dirt, obvious run play stuffed, hilariously poor 3rd down play, usually a route 3 yards in front of the sticks. He's horrible.

Where teh **** is Al Borges?

pro set under center pound the **** rock and we win

we have we wooped them with that very recipe in the past many a time

Our line either can't open holes for the run game or they aren't given the opportunity. There seems to be a common themes with fisch. The offense starts hot at the beginning of the season and starts slowing down by the end. We are seeing the same thing this year. Don't know if he keeps doing the same things over and over but with a hobbled QB last night, we definitely should have ran more. James on a few runs was getting good yardage. We could have stuck to it but I do understand we faced one of the best dlines in the country.

Advertisement
Scott Linehan + Andy Reid.

Smart guys who can think of a lot of designs, a lot of theoretical stuff that would work, but can't consistently decide what exactly they want to use and when.

Smart guys who can think of a lot of designs, a lot of theoretical stuff that would work, but can't consistently decide what exactly they want to use and when.

Great examples. Another similarity between Fisch and them is the lack of dedication to the power run game.

Advertisement
Our line either can't open holes for the run game or they aren't given the opportunity. There seems to be a common themes with fisch. The offense starts hot at the beginning of the season and starts slowing down by the end. We are seeing the same thing this year. Don't know if he keeps doing the same things over and over but with a hobbled QB last night, we definitely should have ran more. James on a few runs was getting good yardage. We could have stuck to it but I do understand we faced one of the best dlines in the country.

Agree with this post! Not sure why we are not pounding the ball with our OL and FB we should do well. We did in the first few games and then were able to throw well. Now we are doing all types of off-the-wall formations and plays ..... net effect ..... our O has gone into melt-down! And good gosh, pass the darn ball over the middle ... Johnson is always open over the middle and most of our other receivers are open too. And, what happened to the hurry-up O, that worked so well before?

I really have to say, I am totally confused on what our offense is and what we saw last night! Seems like each of the last 4 games we have run a different offense. How confusing that must be for the player .... especially the OL. Would love to hear someone put a box around our O and explain what is going on!!!!

Advertisement

That's an insult to Andy Reid. Andy Reid loves to pass but he passes the ball with far more efficiency and effectiveness than Jed Fisch ever did.

Advertisement
Back