What's missing at RB

Martycane

Sophomore
Yearby is great and Walton has potential.
But we need a big back for short yardage.
We need a Gus in the red zone. Have no idea why they can't give Gray a shot inside the 5 or on 3d and 1.
Big mystery to me.

Advertisement
You answered your own question, Gus. And Gray is fumble prone from what I've heard.

We've been terrible for years upon years at short yardage situations, so it's not the backs, but the big nasties not getting the job done.

Advertisement
It also doesn't help that we only have like 3 plays for short yardage situations. You can usually tell by how we line up and whether or not we motion what's coming.

Advertisement
What's missing is more running plays that put the backs in position to make plays in the run game.

Can't blame the running game so far this season. A lot has to do with the OL, but RB is the least of the problems in my opinion. Gus getting hurt before the season has definitely hurt. Gray is somewhat of a mystery to me ,it's clear the coaches don't have the confidence to put him in the game. It also sucks we missed on some really good backs that went elsewhere.

Next year could be epic! Another year for Gray to get ready. Also, I know we took 6 OL's in this past class. But the few OL we sign this year needs to be elite

Advertisement
We'll have four experienced backs next year plus the incoming freshmen. Haven't that kind of depth since the early 2000s.

And, actually, Yearby is breaking many more tackles this year. Just needs to move the pile more inside.

How about we run a few plays with the QB under center and in the I formation. This pistol and shotgun running game is freaking lame.

Advertisement
Dalvin Cook. Jordan Scarlett. Alex Collins. Brandon Powell. Sony Michel.

How about trying to get outside. Coley sucks, he's worse than D'onofrio. The guy should not be calling plays.

Advertisement
Back