Whatever happened to Glenn Sharpe?

ben

Senior
Premium
In 2012 he was arrested on murder charges... but I haven't heard anything since. Anyone know?

The story from 2012:
Former UM Player, Super Bowl Champ Arrested For Murder « CBS Miami

Former UM Player, Super Bowl Champ Arrested For Murder
February 24, 2012

DECATUR, Ga. (CBSMiami) — A former University of Miami football player turned Super Bowl champion has been arrested and charged with murder in Georgia.

Former NFL cornerback Glenn Sharpe, 28, was arrested for the February 2nd, 2012 murder of Christopher Galloway, according to the DeKalb Sheriff’s Office.

Sharpe is accused of shooting Galloway three times during an altercation in Stone Mountain, Georgia.

Sharpe was arrested without incident at his Lawrenceville home. He is being held in the DeKalb County Jail.

Sharpe, born in Miami, began his NFL career as an undrafted free agent with the Atlanta Falcons in 2008. Sharpe has also been signed to the New Orleans Saints and the Indianapolis Colts and even won a Super Bowl ring with the Saints as a practice squad member when the Saints defeated the Colts in Super Bowl XLIV.

He played college football at the University of Miami. He is widely known as the player involved in the delayed pass interference penalty in the 2003 Fiesta Bowl that prevented the Hurricanes from completing back-to-back National Championships and undefeated seasons.

Advertisement
No he's not in jail. He was set up to get robbed by a girl he was going to smash. Guy was in a closet and tried to rob him. Glenn was packing and did what he was supposed to do. He had to go through the bs but all charges were dropped.

How do I know? His dad grew up with mine and I just saw him the 4th wknd in Miami. Glenn lives near me in Atlanta and I've been to his home so he's NOT in jail.

No he's not in jail. He was set up to get robbed by a girl he was going to smash. Guy was in a closet and tried to rob him. Glenn was packing and did what he was supposed to do. He had to go through the bs but all charges were dropped.

How do I know? His dad grew up with mine and I just saw him the 4th wknd in Miami. Glenn lives near me in Atlanta and I've been to his home so he's NOT in jail.

Sounds similar to the last time Glenn Sharpe got set up to get robbed by Terry Porter in the Fiesta Bowl.

Thank you, thank you.

Advertisement

Sounds similar to the last time Glenn Sharpe got set up to get robbed by Terry Porter in the Fiesta Bowl.

Thank you, thank you.

To bad Porter wasn't the smuck in the closet. Three shots? Any details on the placement?

Goddam! How come THAT news isn't publicized?

I personally get very suspicious whenever a poster claims to personally know a player. Or claims to otherwise know some mysterious going ons through anonymous sources.

Charges were dropped. nothing suspicious it would be fairly easy to see his verdict or look him up if he still was locked up

Advertisement

Because they don't care about sensationalizing the results once he's innocent. They care about dragging his name through the mud as a murderer.that's the headline that will always stick.

I personally get very suspicious whenever a poster claims to personally know a player. Or claims to otherwise know some mysterious going ons through anonymous sources.

Must be a Trump supporter

First off ***** shut the **** up nobody cares about who the **** you seen for the 4th. I am the sister of the deceased your facts are wrong for one my brother was shot 5 times and for two this happened 2/21/2012 not the second and three there was no gun so why the **** did he shoot.

Advertisement
First off ***** shut the **** up nobody cares about who the **** you seen for the 4th. I am the sister of the deceased your facts are wrong for one my brother was shot 5 times and for two this happened 2/21/2012 not the second and three there was no gun so why the **** did he shoot.
?????

Advertisement

wtf was your brother doing in the closet like R. Kelly?

I thought about Glenn Sharpe last night when Ohio State had that call reversed on them but I thought for sure I had read years ago Glenn Sharpe was found guilty on the murder charges?

This is a first. Pretty sure. I do think that if a person is in a closet and then tries to rob me, I would have a right to use deadly force. When adrenaline is running, one shot goes to five fast.

Advertisement
Back